Chapter 9

You woke up again and this time you were in a bedroom. Not yours though. You tried to get up, but your body didn't let you. Everything hurt. You recognized the room as Levi's. You looked beside you at his desk, and saw him sleeping on his red chair. He looked so peaceful, and there were bruises on his face. The idiot obviously didn't get treated by the nurse, you realized what you said. His vocabulary was brushing on you. You smiled and then decided you were gonna fix this man's face. Well it was pretty perfect already. What are you thinking? You brushed off the thought and tried getting up again. It hurt a lot, but you made sure to not make noise. You stood up, somehow, and then got some bandages from the side table and this healing cream. You stood up in front of him, and quietly wiped the dried blood on his cheekbone. This man was a light sleeper, he jolted up from the chair and bumped into you making you fall. He realized it was you, and helped you up with his hand.

"Ah shit y/n its just you, why are you getting up, your body isn't capable"

"Well at least I'm bandaged up, your cuts are all open. You need help, sit down"

"Oi oi oi, you need to sit"

He sat you down on his bed and knelt beside you. He observed your arm.

"You need a change of bandages, wait here"

He came back with new bandages and started taking off the bloody ones.While he did this, you touched his face and went over the bruises with your fingers. You got the bandage from beside the bed and started to apply them.

He looked at you and rolled his eyes. You spoke.

"Hey, I'm the doctor here"

"Whatever"

He let you bandage his face, while he bandaged your arm. You both helped each other in silence. Finally, he was done and so were you.

"There,  good as new, kinda".

 Levi got up and put everything away.

You looked at the perfectly bandaged arm again and noticed this time you had bruises on your leg and back as well, but they were bandaged. Hmm, you wondered who bandaged those parts. He came back with some bread and a cup of tea.

"Eat up brat, you're starving"

You took the food, and Levi sat in his chair across from you.

"Thank you, Levi, for everything. You saved my life."

He looked at you,

"Don't mention it, not the best first expedition huh"

You finally remembered the mission, and Hanji and Erwin and the titans!

"Levi, what happened? Why did the base fall and did we capture the titan? Is hanji okay? What about Erwin?"

"Calm down, excluding you, everyone is fine".

"Did we capture any titans?"

"Yes, only one though, the second one escaped and well kind of destroyed the base. A random swarm of unexpected titans came after us, leaving me and my squad occupied with finishing them off, and Erwin thought nobody was in the base, so he let the titan be distracted by the base, and we had to retreat. We were out of the forest, and Erwin asked where you were, and I said in the base. I realized the base got destroyed, and Erwin didn't expect you to be alive. Without asking I went back and saw your body beside a tree, and quickly killed the titans and rescued you."

"Oh, I really thought I was gonna die, My gear was damaged and it was just a bad situation".

"Erwin made a crappy decision to let the base get destroyed by one titan, and it was my fault as well. You were our responsibility, and we weren't there. Sorry."

"No, it's okay, nobody can really tell the outcome, the only thing we are allowed to do is to believe that we won't regret the choice we made"

Levi looked at you. Your words hit him hard. You were right. He stared at his hands, and you looked down at your clothes. You just realized someone changed you, and you quickly turned to Levi. He noticed your confused and worried face.

"Uhh Levi, someone changed me? Haha..."

He rolled his eyes.

"Tch, don't worry brat, Hanji changed your clothes and bandaged your back, not me. You're only here because Erwin told me to watch over you."

You smirked. While Levi was carrying you from the horse to the HQ, you remembered a conversation they were having, because you could hear them.

"Drop her off at the doctor's room-"

"No, Aiden is probably asleep, I'll watch over her, me and Hanji can treat her injuries"

Erwin turned to Levi, and opened his mouth to say something, but instead stopped and smiled.

Levi glared at him.

"Tch, don't get any ideas Erwin"

Erwin smiled and everyone went inside.

Levi widened his eyes at your smirk.

"Oi, what's so amusing"

"Nothing"

He rolled his eyes. He got up.

"Erwin is giving you a free day tomorrow, so sleep."

"I'll go sleep in my room"

"No, you sleep here, don't want you to bleed out while sleeping"

"But where will you sle-"

"I usually sleep on my chair, the bed is barely used"

You couldn't argue with him, his expression was stern. You laid on his pillow and quickly fell into a deep sleep.

Levi looked at you before going to his office chair.

Levi's POV

"I'm really letting someone sleep in my room, what the hell am I doing, I better control myself, getting attached would jsut make life worse. I can't get attached to anyone, ah shit what am I thinking, she's just my doctor and a valuable comrade, I'll just fulfill my duty."

He sat on his chair and drifted to sleep.