Chapter 34

All of you were a small alleyway close to the stairways. Mike looked around to see if there was anybody nearby , when the coast was clear he turned to you all.

"Erwin, we can try the bar, or the stores first, since it's evening"

Erwin looked down as he was thinking, and then spoke in a deep whisper.

"Hmmm, they have been spotted at that small bar during night times so we can look, but it would be a bit suspicious. People like us don't really look like we belong here."

Levi rolled his eyes slightly.

"Tsk, I'll blend in easily, leave it to me"

Erwin nodded and you all followed him through the streets, taking small cuts here and there. You all kept your hoods on and walked on the dirty streets of the city. You looked around as you walked, and saw the desperation of so many people, you saw how horrible the conditions were. You even saw a few kids on the streets, and your heart ached for them. You couldn't do anything about it and you felt devastated. Nobody should have to live without being able to even see the light of day, or have food on their plate. Your mind was full of many thoughts as you looked around, but then you remembered Levi, he was raised here. You looked at a small teenage boy who was running across the street with a small bag of bread, and you thought to yourself, maybe Levi used to be in the same place as that boy. You couldn't get yourself to think about how difficult his life would've been here, with no parents and poor.

You turned your head to look at Levi and he was already looking at you. You frowned and sighed looking down and continued walking. Levi was probably re living his horrible memories while walking in these streets, and again you couldn't really do anything, and he had no choice. You just wanted to comfort him, and shield him away from his dreadful past, but because of how cruel the world is, things like this you just have to face.

You were walking while looking down, so you suddenly bumped into someone. You looked up and thankfully it was just Mike. He turned to face you and put his hand on your head.

"Y/n, are you okay?"

"yeah, life here must be terrible huh?"

"Very. I've been here a few times and it's worse each time. Don't let the conditions worry you, we'll be out of here in no time"

"Yea I know, thanks, I was just thinking about Le-"

A voice spoke from behind Mike.

"Oi, hurry it up we're going to look around the bar"

You and Mike turned to see Levi pointing to the bar with a straight face. Mike nodded at you, to imply that you could talk later. You sighed and walked side by side with Mike and followed Levi. Now you all were standing in front of the bar entrance, and Erwin took a peek inside from the window. He pointed at a man in the bar, sitting wearing a black mask and black long hair.

"The man right there, has killed at least 4 of the MP officers that came to capture him. He's not the leader, but he is a part of the other bandits. Interrogating him is our only way of finding their main location. I'm afraid he might recognize you Levi, and me and Mike as well."

Levi widened his eyes.

"Well, if he does recognize me it doesn't matter, I can take him down"

Erwin sighed.

"He might have one of those grenades or guns on him, since the MP have tried to capture them before."

Levi scoffed and held his forehead. He looked at you and you were lost in thought. You had an idea. You turned to Erwin and spoke.

"I'll go in, and lure him out. It might sound weird but if I can trick him into leaving the bar, and finding out if he has anything on him, we can capture him."