Chapter 24

You open your eyes and it's dark. You realize you're in the infirmary, and there's 2 soldiers on the other beds. You look at your leg and it's all tightly patched up. You needed to eat something, you couldn't sleep longer. It was about 2 am at night, You got up and felt a sudden pain jolt through your head but you ignored it and got up. You were wearing the undershirt of your uniform and the pants. You went to the kitchen walking with a limp and got some bread, then sat on the floor. You ate it and thought about today's events. How did Levi even get to you, wasn't he at the front with Erwin? also is it normal to have broken gear? I'm pretty sure Levi out of all people would check his gear before leaving, but it was fine when he saved you the first time; who knows.

Levi. You wanted to see him, so you got up and dragged yourself to his room. You thought about how Levi basically was in this condition because of you, if you didn't get hurt he wouldn't have had to come. You felt guilty since Levi usually didn't get hurt on expeditions. You opened his door and saw a sleeping Levi on his bed. You smiled knowing he was alive and here safe with you. You walked over and stopped yourself from touching his face, since he was a light sleeper. You sat on his chair and looked at him. He was asleep, but his face told you he was in pain, the painkillers aren't too strong so he could feel most the pain. To be honest, the painkillers only helped to help people fall asleep in pain. You got off the chair and sat beside his bed on the floor. You rested your head on the edge of the bed and closed your eyes. Soon, you were fast asleep.

The next morning.

You felt someone touching your hair so you woke up. You turned your head and saw Levi playing with your hair as he was laying on his bed. You got up quickly and held his hand.

"How are you feeling"

"I'm fine, stop worrying so much"

"You're still pale"

"Well what do you expect when a titan bit a piece of my leg"

"Looks like someone's feeling better"

"why wouldn't I be"

He rubbed his thumb across your cheek. You took his hand and put your face in it.

"I'm so glad you're okay Levi, I felt the world collapsing on me when I saw your blood gushing out of you and the titan's teeth in your leg, I was so scared. You didn't have to come save me"

"I was coming to you when I thought you were in the wagon, but Lewis said you were fighting titans and I was worried sick. I think because I couldn't think straight when shooting my hooks, and somehow pulled the wire too hard it broke the holder. y/n, my frustration broke my gear, I couldn't think straight seeing you like that. It won't happen again."

"Levi, it's not your fault at all, I should've been more cautious. Also please Levi, remember we agreed not to get our feelings in the way of missions? "

"I know, I know, what matters is that we're both alive"

"yea..."

You both stared into each other's eyes and then Levi sat up.

"Wanna give me a hand,I need to clean myself. You should too, we look like the ugliest pieces of shit right now"

You giggled and stood up.

"Levi, go take a bath, it'll be more gentle on you"

He nodded and you went to fill the tub for him. He came behind you and took off his shirt and wore some shorts. He sat inside and you sat there beside the tub with soap.

"You know, the titan didn't bite your hands"

"Come on"

You rolled your eyes playfully and scrubbed the bar of soap on his back, shoulders and went down to his abs. You tried not to get distracted but you ended up blushing. Levi lifted your chin.

"Like what you see?'

You moved his hand.

"shut upppp"

He chuckled lightly and you gently went over his bruises and scars. He stared at you while you carefully rinsed him. He suddenly pulled your arm and pulled you in the water. You gasp in shock and turn to him.

"Levi what the hell"

"I'm not the only filthy one here"

You roll your eyes and take off your shirt, you were wearing a sport bra and shorts. Levi moved your hair and cleaned your back.

"Levi do you have a thing for cleaning people, Hanji told me you knock her out to clean her"

"That idiot doesn't shower for weeks, her hair is stenches of grease, I can't work around someone like that so I need to knock her out or else she never cleans herself"

"Yea, she values her research and work over herself- talk about dedication!"

You rinsed yourself and then stood up but Levi grabbed your hand.

"What?"

"thank you y/n"

"for what?"

"everything"

He gave a half smile and you got up and helped him up too. You handed him a towel and he wrapped it around himself and you.

"Levi I'll get another one come on"

"No, stay here"

You both helped each other walk and he sat on a chair. You took out some clothes for him and he put them on. You were about to leave the room with the towel wrapped around you to get clothes.

"Y/n, take one of my shirts"

"No its fine my room is right there"

"No, take one"

You turn back around and take a white shirt from his closet and some trousers. You put them on and stand behind Levi's chair. You brush his hair and he turns his head to look at you. You notice his face is still pale and he had trouble walking, since he lost a lot of blood. you went to the nearby kitchen and made some tea for him, and got soup. You gave him the tray of food and sat him on the bed. You sat on the chair and brushed your hair. He spoke.

"You know, I never really had any one take care of me like this"

You turned to him and smiled.

"Well now you do, don't you"

He drank his tea and smiled. His smile made your heart so happy and you could look at it forever. he finished eating, and then someone knocked the door. Levi spoke.

"Name and business"

"LEVVVIIIII its meee"

"come in"

Hanji opened the door and smiled.

"good morning you two, y/n I got scared not seeing you in the infirmary in the morning, so I kind of came in the early morning and checked your room Levi.

"tch whatever, she really came from a comfy bed to sleep on the floor beside me"

You look at Levi and roll your eyes.

"Had to see if humanity's strongest was okay"

"shut up"

You laugh and stand up.

"Levi, you're taking the day off today, so stay and rest. that's a doctor's order."

"Mhm whatever you say"

You leave the room with Hanji. You head to your room and change into uniform, and then go to the mess hall to eat something.