Chapter 36

You and Levi fell very fast into the hole and landed with a great thud. You landed on your back and Levi  had his back against the wall. The hole wasn't too far down so when you landed you made sure nothing of your body was broken, but you felt an immense amount of pain. You used your arms to sit up and looked at Levi. He had his eyes closed and his body was stiff. Shifting closer to him, you touched his forehead and then looked at his legs and arms to see if he was injured.

Other than a few scratches on his face and hands, he was fine. The force must've hit hard making him unconscious. You looked up and saw the broken floor that you two fell in. You sighed and held your head still feeling dizzy and you noticed the blood on your arm. Ignoring it, you shook Levi by his arm lightly hoping he'll wake up. You remembered you both had your gear on, but when you looked at it, the piece holding the blades was half broken, and your gear was almost shattered. It was useless at this point.

Levi suddenly opened his eyes and looked around. He was going to move his arm but he groaned quietly. You took his arm and re checked it to make sure. His eyes fixated on you and he spoke.

"Y/n, what the fuck."

"It's probably a trap, we should expect people to show up here, also our gear is useless since we can't hook it on to anything, even if it isn't broken."

"What a shitty situation, huh"

"Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm pretty sure nothing's broken, but falling on my ass kinda hurt."

Somehow that statement managed to make you chuckle, even in this situation. All you could maybe do is wait for Erwin and Mike, or anyone else at this point.

"Hopefully it's just a broken floor, and not a trap."

"Who knows, looks like the only thing we can do is sit and wait for Erwin to swoop in and save us."

He turned his face to look at you, while sitting with one of his legs up, and an arm resting on it. You fiddled with your thumbs, feeling helpless and worried. You kept trying to figure out a way to get back up, and your heart kept racing. Suddenly the walls seemed too close to you, and you felt trapped and compressed in this small space. You looked down and held your head, trying to calm down but it was no use. You kept looking around and panicking, making Levi notice.

He shifted closer to you and put his hand on your leg, as you were sitting with your knees pressed against your chest.

"Y/n, are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, I don't know I feel anxious and,, trapped?"

"You're over stressing, and this small filthy hole isn't helping."

He shifted even closer to you and slowly put his arm around you, pulling you closer to him. He took your hand and squeezed it tight.

"Breathe okay? just stay calm and breathe, don't let your thoughts take over you"

You put your head into his chest more, and closed your eyes, trying to steady your breath. You felt his heartbeat too, since it was so quiet. You shook your head lightly and opened your eyes, bringing your head away from him.

"Sorry, I don't know what got into me"

"No y/n, don't apologize, you're very strong"

You smiled and Levi moved his arm off you, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. He sighed, and looked up.

"You know, my mom would've liked you."

You raised your head up to look at him. His expression was so soft, and his eyes were full of care and warmth. You instantly smiled and out of nowhere tears fell from your eyes as you kept looking at him. You moved closer to him, and put your head into his chest, as he slowly wrapped his arms around you bringing you closer. You cried, you didn't know why, it was either because of Levi's words, or you missed your own mother.

He slowly rubbed your back, and spoke in a soft voice.

"Do you think your mom would've liked me, y/n?"

You chuckled a bit at his question, and sniffled a little. you wiped your face and still kept your head on him and spoke.

"Of course Levi, my parents would be so happy knowing I'm with someone like you,,,"

More tears fell from your eyes, and you cried softly, to be honest, you thought even levi was crying because you could feel his breaths getting heavier. After a bit of silence, he spoke.

"Shhh, it's okay, they're proud of you."

"Levi, I'm sure your mother is extremely proud of you, and the man you've become today"

You lifted your head and looked at him, and he looked at your tear filled face. He cupped your face with his soft hand and brought it closer to his, placing his lips on yours softly. He kissed you slowly and softly, then pulled away and looked at your flustered face.His lips curled into a small smile, and that lightened his whole face up. You couldn't help but smile back at the most beautiful man that you get to call yours.

Note: Sorry it's a short chapter, I just wanted to publish one hehe