Chapter 28

Note: Thank you for 31k reads! I'm still in shock how I even got any reads, I literally make up the story as I go, and didn't plan on making it so long. You guys are so funny and sweet and motivate me to write haha :) enjoy!

You looked at Erwin in confusion and worry, who and what was he talking about? You looked at everyone else's faces, and they looked more shocked, and frustrated. They probably knew who Erwin was talking about. Erwin looked up from his hands to your face, and sighed.

"Basically we are dealing with some underground criminals. Not just any criminals but more like a group of people with illegal and powerful weaponry. Their goal isn't to live in the surface, or anything like that. They just simply, want to kill, and kill. The military police had attempted to stop and capture them many times, but instead they got killed instead. We've had some of our skilled soldiers also go and attempt to capture them, but we lost them as well. their advantage is the weaponry they have, apparently they've been working on them for years and in the underground it's hard to keep track of who's doing what. For a year now we haven't heard from them, but just know we found out they killed an innocent family, and looted their house. They've started their attacks again, and the military police have turned to us for severe help. I couldn't refuse, and I have decided we will capture them this time. You 4 are my most trusted comrades, and I wanted to tell you all my plan."

You were listening attentively the whole time Erwin spoke. You were grossed out by hearing their actions and how dangerous they were. Fighting titans were something you were all good at, and it's safe to say it was easier to slice a mindless titan than kill a person. You were scared but curious about Erwin's plan, but all you knew was you were going to do everything you could to help, and stop this madness. You decided to speak.

" Erwin I'm in shock. How could someone even want to do those things? I promise we will try our best to avenge that innocent family and many others they've killed. We'd like to hear your plan now if that's okay"

Erwin looked satisfied at your words, and became very serious.

"The thing is, it's hard for me to decide who would be perfect for this mission, someone who would be able to return back. I can't lose any of you."

He was right, this was something unpredictable, and it would be hard to know if we could survive the dangers in the underground or not.

Levi decided to speak.

"Erwin, choosing me would be the smartest choice; I've lived in the underground for majority of my life and--"

He stopped talking and looked at down for a second

"-- nevermind"

Levi didn't continue his sentence. Hange patted his shoulder and Erwin gave him a soft look. You were confused, what was he trying to say? You wondered if Levi would tell you. You brushed off the thought for now. Mike spoke.

"yes, Levi is familiar with the underground, he would be good for this, but he could also be a great loss...."

You looked at Levi fast and dreaded the thought of Levi dying from some humans. Erwin nodded.

"I agree with Mike. Hange will not go for sure, she's more skilled in other things than dealing with criminals. I say Mike, you have experience, and I do too. We both can go with Levi and all three of us would probably be able to protect each other."

You stood up from your chair.

"Erwin, I'd like to come too. My combat against humans is very well, and I'm confident about my quick thinking and fighting skills."

Erwin smiled a little, and then spoke.

"I knew you'd say that, and I accept your request y/n. The thing is y/n, this mission might have us having to kill people. that is not something easy to do, and then you'll have blood on your hands for the rest of your life"

You gave Erwin a serious and stern expression.

"I understand all that, and that's why I made my decision. If my hands need to get dirty to save innocent lives then I do not mind"

Mike gave you a proud smile and Hanji was stunned at your commitment. You looked at Levi and he clenched his fists really hard, and then looked at Erwin.

"No"

Everyone looked at Levi. Erwin was confused.

"Levi?"

"She isn't going"

"unless there is a good reason, I cannot deny her request"

You squinted your eyes at Levi who was still staring at Erwin. If he said that he is scared I'll die, that wouldn't be a good enough reason. Levi crossed his arms and leaned back on his chair.

"She isn't strong enough, she doesn't have the guts to kill and she'll just be dead weight. We will have more things to do then watch over her. Trust me Erwin, you'll regret bringing her along, leave her here so she could treat your cuts when you get back"

You had your mouth open in shock and confusion, was he serious? He sounded so harsh you were frustrated. Hange and mike looked at you and Erwin stared at the stern Captain. You finally spoke before Erwin could respond.

"Levi, I'm sorry but I know how capable I am of doing things. As I said earlier, I do have the guts and strength, and you won't have to worry about me. If you're doing this all out of care it won't work because I've made my decision and you should trust in me too"

Levi stood up, calmly.

"No /n, I am not doing this because I'm worried. I just don't want the mission to be more difficult then it should be. Everything is easier said then done, now it's better if you stay."

"I would happily risk my life if it meant to save lives and capture some horrible murderers"

Levi finally looked at you.

"Just stay here and do what you do best, don't waste your life for nothing. I hate useless deaths. They're not just any murderers anyways, the world isn't as simple as you think"

"Levi, when did you start seeing me as a weakling?"

Before you could say anything more Levi walked out of the room. You still stood there annoyed at his coldness, he was being too harsh and annoying. You were worried for him but did you try to stop him? If he was scared of your death he could've said it in a nicer way. You looked down at the floor and realized everyone else was staring at you. You looked at Erwin first. He spoke.

"y/n, Levi will do anything his power to make sure I don't take you along. He barely speaks of changing my plan, so he probably strongly suggests this."

"erwin, do you think I'm weak too? Just think of the help I could be"

Hange nodded and looked at Erwin.

"she's a soldier Erwin, she can take care of herself and she knows that her dying would be a loss for us, so she'll be fine"

Mike and Erwin looked at Hange and she sighed and spoke again.

"But Levi sure is a stubborn one"

You felt annoyed so you decided to excuse yourself, and let Erwin decide. You kind of didn't want to see Levi at the moment. A you were walking out, the thought of what Levi had to say during the meeting came back. You wanted to ask hange or Mike, but it would be better hearing from Levi.