Chapter 25

You sat at the table with Erwin, Mike, Hange, Rico, and Moblit. You sat beside Mike and he turned to you.

"How's the leg"

"I can walk"

"What about Levi"

"He'll be better soon"

"just another day for the survey corps!" (i had to)

You all discussed some things for a while, then you decided to go see some soldiers. You turned to Mike.

"Oh, I'm going to go check on the injured soldiers and Lewis, I'll meet you guys outside"

"No, y/n you can take the day off-"

"No, even if I don't do any physical work, I don't want to take the day off, I'm fine"

Erwin spoke.

"Y/n is right, I think since Levi needs bed rest, she can fulfill some of his responsibilities as captain"

You laughed nervously, and Hange spoke.

"Oh, y/n will be captain for the day! Sweet! Hello, Captain y/n of the survey corps-"

Erwin smiled.

"Since your leg isn't in good shape for training, you can take over his other duties"

"Oh thank you, Erwin, I'll do my best, don't want shorty getting grumpy"

everyone laughed and you got up and headed to the infirmary. You went inside and saw the two soldiers that you treated in the wagon. One of them was awake, so you went to him. His name was Alex, you remembered. You stood beside his bed and he looked at you.

"How we doing Alex?"

"Just grateful I get to see this day"

"me too"

"Sorry we couldn't help you guys out there, If we tried then it would've made the situation worse"

"no, you did the right thing to stay, Levi broke his gear that's why he got injured, or else it wasn't a bad situation"

"Thank you, commander, for risking your life for our sake"

"it's my pleasure"

You gave him a warm smile, and then heard Lewis' voice.

"commander!"

You turned around to see Lewis at the door.

"Hi Lewis, how are you"

He walked towards you and stood face to face.

"I'm doing better, but It's hard to get over a friend's death.."

"don't worry, take all the time you need, what's important is that we can't let his death be in vain. I'm sorry again for your loss Lewis"

A smile grew on his face.

"thank you, I needed that"

You put your arm around Lewis and he was in shock. He smiled awkwardly and you spoke.

"come on, let's find something to distract you with"

Lewis nodded and went along with you outside.

you both stood in front of the cadets that were practicing hand to hand combat. You turned to face Lewis.

"Wanna go?"

You brought up your fists in a fight stance. Lewis widened his eyes.

"Uh commander aren't you injured-"