Brian O'Conner x Reader

Dedicated to _heavnlybucky

Up next: Brian O'Conner x Reader

Later: Han x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I had to talk to Brian. I had to. I didn't know what else to say other than it was time for us to consider going our separate ways. Brian and I had been dating now for three years, but it had been a good three years. I just didn't think this needed to go on for any longer, though.
  Of course, I loved him. He was Brian O'Conner. It was hard not to love him, but we were just growing apart from each other. And that was okay. It happens every day, but I knew this conversation wasn't going to be easy. I knew Brian had been avoiding this conversation, just like I had been.

  I walked out of the house, and Brian was talking on the phone with Dom. Brian noticed me and wrapped an arm around me.

  Brian looked down at me and said,"Dom, I'll call you back. Y/N needs me."

  Brian hung up, and I wrapped my arms around his neck saying,"We need to talk."

  Brian closed his eyes and said,"Y/N..."

  I shook my head saying,"No, O'Conner. We can't keep doing this. I know that you love me, Brian. I love you, too, but we're just not as invested in this relationship as we used to be. Brian, I know that you know that I'm right. We get along just fine, but it doesn't change the fact that we're being pulled in separate directions."

  Brian remained quiet, yet he walked inside. I followed him and sat down on the couch beside him.

  I took his hand, and he said to me,"Y/N, you're right. This is my fault."

  Brian looked down, and I squeezed his hand saying,"No. No. Brian, don't do this to yourself. This isn't something that you did intentionally to hurt me. It's something that's happening to both of us. Please don't get the idea that you caused this."

  Tears formed in Brian's eyes, and he looked up at me saying,"I can't lose you, Y/N. I'm not ready."

  I rested my forehead against his and said,"Brian, you won't lose me. I promise. You don't have to be ready, because it won't happen. It won't. Just because we won't be together, it doesn't mean that I won't come see you often. I'll still be around, no matter what's going on."

  Brian sniffed and closed his eyes for a while, until he opened his eyes saying,"Y/N?"

  I looked him in the eyes saying,"Yes, Brian?"

  He said,"I'm tired."

  I said,"You look tired. I'll stay tonight. Okay?"

  Brian nodded and pulled me into his arms saying,"Thank you, Y/N."

  I smiled saying,"You're welcome."

   THE NEXT DAY...

  Brian walked me to my car, and I asked him,"Are you all right?"

  He nodded, and he asked me,"Are you all right?"

  I looked at him saying,"I'm not all right, but I will be. Give me a hug, O'Conner."

  Brian hugged me, and I hugged him back. I let a couple of my tears fall against his cheek, and I pulled away from the hug.

  Brian kissed my forehead, and he said,"I love you."

  I smiled saying,"I love you, too, Brian. I'll see you at the race tomorrow."

  Brian nodded and stepped back. I climbed into the car and shut the driver's side door behind me. I looked at Brian and waved to him, before he waved back. I didn't know how I'd feel or what I'd do tomorrow, but it wasn't tomorrow yet.