Luke Hobbs x Reader

Up next: Dominic Toretto x Requested Reader Part 2

Later: Roman x Reader

This one is really for people that have experienced a loss around Christmas time. I just want you guys to know you're never alone! If you don't have anyone to spend Christmas Eve or Christmas with, spend that time doing something you love or enjoy! I love you guys for the support and I wish you an early Merry Christmas!

   Y/N'S POV

  I slowly walked into my house and closed the door behind me. I didn't know whether I should scream, cry, or just go to sleep. I had just made it home from the hospital and witnessed my mother laying lifeless in front of me. 

  I was alone..on Christmas Eve.

  She was my last living relative.

  She was my best friend.

  I headed up the stairs and into my bedroom. I dropped everything and washed up. Then, I just sat down on my bed. I slowly picked up my phone and saw what time it was. I had a date with my boyfriend, Luke Hobbs.
  I was really in any state for a date, but I couldn't be here by myself. I got dressed and wiped the tears that fell down my cheeks. It was Christmas Eve. I had to try to remain positive.

  ....

   Luke led me inside the restaurant and helped me take a seat.

  He sat down across from me and sent me an appreciative smile saying,"You look really beautiful, Y/N."

  I said,"Thank you, Hobbs. You look great."

  He took my hand in his own and placed a kiss on my hand softly. Instead of letting go of his hand, I held on to it.

  He chuckled saying,"I guess you just want to hold my hand today. I'm okay with that."

  With that, Luke just held my hand. I was very surprised that my hand wasn't shaking right now. The last hand I had held was my mother's, and she was gone. I could never hold her hand again or see her smile or hear her say how proud she was of me.

  "Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

  Luke squeezed my hand.

  I wiped my face and said,"It can wait. Let's just enjoy this, okay? We haven't seen each other in weeks."

  Luke said,"But you were just-"

  I squeezed his hand harder saying,"Luke, please."

  He nodded and about halfway through receiving our drinks and our meal, one of my coworkers stopped at our table.

  She said,"Y/N, so good to see you out doing something. How's life?"

  I said,"Fine. I'm on a date right now. Can this wait?"

  She rolled her eyes saying,"So rude. This is why it's so hard for you to make friends. How does your mother put up with you?"

  I let go of Luke's hand and pushed my coworker back with a lot of force. She ended up falling onto the table on the side of Luke and I. She became covered with lasagna and salad.
  Luke immediately stood to his feet and before my coworker could come towards me, he pulled me out to his car.

  Once I stopped fighting against him, he yelled,"Y/N, what is going on? Why did you push her? You are normally the bigger person."

  I mumbled, no longer able to hold my tears in,"My mother died about three hours ago."

  I didn't dare to look at Hobbs. I had already ruined our date and possibly the rest of the evening. This was Christmas Eve, and I could possibly lose Hobbs too today. I wasn't ready for him to leave me, too.

  Hobbs lifted my chin and said,"I'm sorry I wasn't there. I should have been there with you. Come here."

  I slowly wrapped my arms around his waist and then just broke down. Hobbs held me and carried me to the car.

  When I stopped crying, he still held me and told me,"Don't expect for me to go anywhere. I'm going to be here for you whenever you need someone. Your mother wasn't the only one who loved you. You know I love you, and I'm here. It's Christmas Eve of all days, and even if it was just some regular Tuesday, I'd still do whatever I could to be there with you. We all lose people. It is a part of life, but not everyone has me in their life, princess."

  I smiled up at Hobbs and brought his forehead down to my own saying,"I love you, too, Hobbs, and I heard every word you said. I expect for you to stay true to your word."

  He nodded and replied,"We still have a lot of time left. Do you want to finish our date or for me to take you home?"

  I rested my hand over his heart saying,"I want to finish our date but only if you promise me to remind me that I'm not alone."

  "I promise to remind you that you're not alone. Hey, Y/N?"

  "Yeah?"

  "You're not alone."