Brian O'Conner x Reader

Up next: Roman x Reader

Later: Brian O'Conner x Requested Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  "Rome, who's that?"

  I looked over at my older brother for an answer, and he said,"Oh, that's just Brian."

 Brian was the most handsome man I had ever seen. I wanted to talk to him, but I was sure that I would look stupid.

  Roman said,"Why? You want him? I'm sorry, sista, but he's taken. You see that girl right there? That's Mia, Dom's sister. They are together."

  I frowned and said,"Oh, okay. Well, can at least meet him?"

  Roman nodded and yelled,"BRIAN! COME MEET MY SISTER!"

  Brian jogged over to us and smiled warmly at me saying,"So, this is the little sister. It is nice to meet you. I'm Brian."

  He hugged me in greeting, and I hugged him back.

  I said,"It is nice to meet you, too, Brian. I'm Y/N. So, does my brother give you a hard time, too?"

  Brian laughed and wrapped an arm around Roman saying,"Yes, he does, but I still love him."

  I smiled at the two of them, and Dom walked over to us.

  I gave him a hug, and he hugged me back saying,"Look who finally decided to join the party. It is good to see you again, Y/N. How's that engine treating you?"

  I said,"Good. A little rusty here and there, but nothing I can't fix on my own. Where's Letty?"

  Letty walked outside, carrying some plates in her hands.

  I immediately took some from her, and she smiled real big saying,"Well, look who's returned after all this time. How have you been?"

  I replied,"Great. Just trying to get a job and make some more money. Do you need any more help?"

  She nodded, and I followed her inside. I helped her carry the rest of the dishes to the table outside. Then, Letty noticed me looking at Brian and Mia.

  She said,"I know that look. He's a sweetheart, isn't he?"

  I nodded and said,"Yeah. Is it wrong that I think he's ridiculously cute?"

  She shook her head saying,"No, not at all. I am sure you will find the one, though. For now, let's eat. BOYS!! MIA! TIME TO EAT!"

  I sat down in between Dom and Roman. I volunteered to say the grace and held Dom and Roman's hands. When I was finished, Brian smiled at me from across the table. I sent him a smile back. Mia, on the other hand, just stared me down. I cleared my throat and dug in to get some food.

  Roman took some of my chicken. For that, I tackled him to the ground.

  Dom pulled me off Roman, and Roman said,"Geez, Y/N! It's just chicken."

  I rolled my eyes, and Brian said,"Rome, give her your chicken then."

  Roman gave it to me, not until he whined first. After everyone ate, I began to wash the dishes.

  "Need any help?"

  I jumped at hearing Brian's voice and dropped one of the cups on the ground.

  The tea that was inside wasted on the floor, and I sighed saying,"Sorry, Brian. I got it."

  He gently took my arm and said,"No, you finish dishes. I'll clean it up."

  I thanked him and continued on to wash the remaining dishes. After Brian finished cleaning up my mess, I apologized again and he took the bowl from me. He dried it. When Brian reached for the next dish in my hand, his fingers brushed against my hand.

  I felt a little nervous and tried to figure out how to start a conversation with him.

  Luckily, he asked me,"So, how come everyone has met you but me?"

  I admitted to him,"I have been showing up every once and a while around here. These last few years have been hard for me. I was blamed for something I did not do. It makes it ten times harder for me to find a job."

  Brian nodded and said,"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset. I was just curious. We should go for a drive sometime. I would like to see what you're made of. Roman can be a little disappointing at times."

  I giggled, and he smiled at me.

  Mia walked into the kitchen and said,"Hey, Brian?"

  Brian was still smiling at me, but he said to Mia,"Yes, Mia?"

  Mia said,"Letty needs your help outside."

  He nodded and said,"Okay, I'll be out there in a second. I need to talk to Y/N."

  She sent me a dirty look and walked outside.

  Brian said,"Let me see your hands."

  I put my hands in his own, and he held them saying to me,"Don't let your past hold you back. If you feel like you deserve that job, then fight for it. Don't take no for an answer. I've only just met you, but you are a smart woman. You can get what you really want and no one can stop you, okay?"

  I nodded and said,"Thanks, Brian. I will do my best."

  He sent me another bright smile and kissed my cheek, before he walked out the door. If anyone had walked into that kitchen, they would have thought I had just won the lottery.

     7 MONTHS LATER...

  "Dom, do you think I'm ready for this race?"

  Dom said,"I do. You're ready. Is this about Brian?"

  Brian and I had gotten into a disagreement. We had not spoken to one another in weeks. It was destroying me on the inside, but I should have been happy. Brian and Mia were not together anymore; Brian was available. I was not sure if he would even want me after our disagreement.

  I did not say anything, and Dom explained to me,"Even though you two are not on the same page, it does not mean you should give up. You love racing. This is a part of you. Even I saw that the moment you tried to run me over."

  I laughed at the memory and Dom did, too, before he glanced behind me. I turned and Brian rushed over to my car, keeping me from getting inside.

  He said,"I'm sorry. I didn't mean a word I said to you. I should have stayed with you."

  I slapped him and kissed him softly. He was surprised but accepted my kiss.

  When we both pulled away, he said,"I..uh..Wow..That was a good kiss. Y/N, I love you."

  I said,"Really? I love you, too. Now, move out of the way, or you're not going to be able to walk."

  Dom and Brian moved out of the way. Before the event started, I looked over at Brian and sent him a sweet smile.

  He smiled back at me and said,"You've got this. I'll be right here. I'm not going anywhere."