Chapter 35

Braylon's Pov

Today was the day, the huge battle between Justice hill and Riverside. We were dressed in our colors, ours was red and white. Riverside's color were blue and white. The looks my team and Grayson's team were giving each other were definitely determined ones.

"Carter." I said and he looked at me.

"What?" He asked and I jumped off the stage, we walked to the team. My phone buzzed.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Big problem." Mom said.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Kali."

"Mom, what about Kali?" I started getting worried.

"I need you to watch her."

"God mom, you scared the hell out of me," I said. "How am I suppose to watch Kali the battle is today?"

"Please."

"Fine," I hung up. "Looks like Kali's watching the battle."

"Great, I already have her outfit." Justice said and I looked at the cheerleaders, I walked to them.

"Aye, Isabella." I said and she looked at me.

"Yeah." She said.

"Can you watch Kali for me during the battle, please?" I asked and she smiled.

"Of course, she is the baby mascot." she said and I ran back.

"Ok, were good." I said.

"Now, what went on between you and Grayson?" Carter asked.

"It's personal." I said and I turned back around facing Riverside.

"Ok, Braylon, get up here." Coach said and I walked on stage coming face to face with icy blues eyes. They belonged to the devil.

"I've been waiting for this battle," I said. "Now I can't get in trouble if I hurt you."

"You wish," he said. "What're you going to do? Get your little bodyguards after me?" I got in his face.

"I don't need anyone to protect me." I said.

"Just remember, at least I wasn't mistaken for a boy Blake." he said and his team laughed.

"Oh really? Who was the one fighting ninjas with a light saber?" I asked and smirked.

"You wanna play this game?" He asked.

"I'm going to play it and I'm going to win it," I said. "Best believe that." I walked back to the team.

"What just happened?" Carter asked.

"You don't wanna know." I said and I saw Frankie, and Nick with Kali. I ran to them.

"The looks the boys are giving him and the football team are giving aren't good."

"I noticed," I said. "But Grayson's mine, I'm not going down without a fight."

"Braylon, don't go overboard." she said.

"I'm not," I said and I ran back. "Let's do this ninjas!"

Dodgeball was first and we got set in the gym splitting the teams. I got into game mode, my most serious mood. Coach blew the whistle and we started the fight. I jumped from one of Grayson's teams, Erin's, throw. We got down to of course me and Grayson.

"Just give up, Hart." he said.

"In your dreams, Kramer," I said and he threw a ball and I jumped. I threw a ball and let's just say, where it hit Grayson was no place a boy wanted to be hit. I slapped my hand over my mouth, mostly trying to contain my laughter. I ran over and bent next to him. "Point one for Braylon." I kissed his forehead.

"I can't stand you." he gritted through his teeth.

"I know." I said and I ran back to the team.

"Really Braylon?" Carter asked.

"I didn't hit him there on purpose." I said.

"Next is obstacle course, I got this one." Braydon said and went up. Head to head with Hunter. They got set.

"Go." coach said and they ran through the course, damn Braydon's fast. He didn't even grab the rope for the wall climb. Another point for us, next was the mud crawl.

"I guess I got his one," Justice said and he went against Trent. He blew the whistle and they started going but Trent won. "Braylon, you want a hug?"

"Don't you dare," I said and he ran after me and grabbed me. He rubbed the mud on me. "Justice!" We walked back and I groaned in frustration. We went through more challenges, it was tied because we may or may not have started being violent with each other but they allowed it. It came down to where we had to pick our teams. Grayson and I were the captains. "Braydon, Jayden, Carter, and Justice."

"Ok, Caden, Luke, Casey, and Chase." Grayson said.

"Teams," coach said and we looked at him. "This last challenge is a scavenger hunt."

"Really?" Justice asked.

"Each player will have a job, the captain will choose," coach said. "Follow me," we walked with him to two lockers. A red and a blue. "Ok." he looked at us. "Pick two to stay at the lockers."

"Jayden, stay here." I said and he nodded.

"Caden, you stay." Grayson said.

"Ok," coach said. "Captains." Grayson and I met in the middle.

"I'm gonna love beating you." I said.

"In your dreams Blake," he said. "See, we get to competitive and it always gets dangerous. Just remember, I will always be stronger." Yes, Grayson has always a been stronger than me.

"While that may be true, I never back down from a fight," I said. "Looks like you're the one keeps getting hit." he clenched his fists. "Are you mad Grayson?" I took a step closer and kissed his cheek and I looked back at him.

"Let the games begin." he said and smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, if you didn't notice I joined the #Wattys2015, as well as my NMGG. I want to dedicate this chapter to Kohnnie_be_real , she inspired me to join and she's why I updated.

I might update again today depends on how I feel. I love you, guys!