Chapter 60

Carter's POV

"Where are we going?" I asked Emily.

"My house, I gotta get some clothes," she said and I looked out the window. We stopped and I looked to see Emily's house. We got out and we walked inside. "Just wait here." I nodded and I waited, I looked and I saw a newspaper. I walked closer.

"Excuse me?" I called and he went down and I saw a man, it was her dad. "You must be Emily's dad."

"Yes," He said.

"I'm Carter, I'm glad to finally meet you Mr. Taylor," I said and smiled.

"Who are you to, Emily?" He asked.

"I'm her boyfriend," I said. "I don't know if she's told you about me or not."

"No, she hasn't," he said. "Take a seat." I nodded and I sat down. "Do you play any sports?"

"Yes sir, I played football for my school," I said.

"Mmhm," he hummed. "Have you gotten into any trouble?"

"I've gotten in fights at school," I said.

"You got a future plan?" He asked.

"Yes sir, I actually have gotten a lot of offers to colleges for football," I said.

"What about your parents?" He asked and I bit down on my lip and looked down and back up.

"Um, my moms a nurse, she's studying to be a doctor," I said.

"Your father?" He asked and I swallowed, I looked him in the eyes.

"I had a rough childhood and I don't really talk about him," I said. "He's not in my life at all."

"I'm sorry," he said.

"I may have grown up with a bad childhood but my mom still taught us right from wrong. I honestly don't think I could ever hurt Emily or my sons," I said and he nodded.

"Carter, I think you're good enough to date my little girl," he said and I smiled.

"Thank you sir, I'll take care of her," I said.

"You better," he said serious and I stood up.

"Also I wanted to ask your permission of Emily could come with me and my brother and his girlfriend to my family reunion," I said.

"Yes," he said. "I'm trusting you with my little girl, don't make me regret it."

"You won't," I said and Emily walked into the kitchen. "You knew he was here."

"Yep, you know Braylon's not the only mischievous one," She said and smiled. "That reminds me, I'm hungry and I really want some food." I looked at her dad.

"You can go," he said and we walked out, we got in her car.

"You told him that your had a bad childhood," she said and started driving.

"He deserved the truth," I said, it got quiet and we stopped and I saw Starbucks. I got out and I went and opened her door, she got out and smiled. I shut the door and I grabbed her waist, I kissed her and our lips moved in sync. We pulled apart and she was blushing hard.

"I love you, Carter," she said and pecked my lips.

"I love you too, Emily," I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter, I know and I'm sorry but trust me the next chapter is worth it!

Graduation is here babes! Short message too. Also, I just updated NMGG and TFB, in case you are reading those.