Chapter 15

Braylon's Pov

"Hey Braylon," Cody said shaking me awake.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You looked like a zombie of zombie land," he said and I glared at him but that just made him smile. "Now, get out of my bed and go get ready for school." I got up and I hit my toe on the door.

"Ow," I screeched and Cody laughed. "Meanie."

"Loser."

"Geek."

"Nerd."

"Idiot, they're basically the same thing," I said.

"No it's not, if they were the same they wouldn't have different meanings," he said.

"You're right, you're not a nerd because that means you have to be smart," I argued.

"Just go," he grumbled and I ran to my room to beat him to the shower and I stripped down and I hopped in. The water suddenly burned my back.

"Ow!" I squealed loud. "Cody!"

"Sorry, forgot!" He yelled, I finished my business and got out, I looked at my back and saw it was burnt. Idiot, but it was nice to have my brother back, now my sister was left.

We got to school and I walked up to the group.

"Hey guys," I said and they looked at me and smiled.

"Hey, where were you yesterday?" Iris asked.

"Football," I said and she started laughing but stopped when she saw I was serious.

"Seriously?" She asked and I nodded. "You, Braylon Paige Hart, is playing football?"

"Yup," I said.

"How'd he take it?" She asked.

"He yelled at her in the gym yesterday," Jayden said.

"We got home and we just went upstairs to his room and mom made me go talk to him," I said. "We argued and he finally apologized and so did I."

"Good, because our brother has been a real ass lately," She said.

"Who's been a ass?" Braydon asked walking into the huddle.

"You," Iris said.

"Hey!" He exclaimed.

"You'll live," I said and smiled, I notice we say that a lot.

"Is that our quote now or something?" Tyler asked.

"I think so," I said and the bell rang, we walked to class and sat down.

~after school~

"Get changed!" Coach called and I went into the locker room. I hurried up and changed before the boys got in, I was tying my cleats as they came in.

"Dang it!" Braydon said.

"What?" I asked.

"We missed you changing," Justice mocked.

"I can't believe Braylon's actually playing football" Jayden said.

"We don't know yet, she might not even make first cut," Carter snapped and I looked at him and I was about to say something.

"Braylon don't," Jayden said. "Carter, you need to chill out for real."

"Mind your business, you don't want to turn into Braylon," he snapped and walked out.

"Let's go," Braydon said and we walked out, we walked to the field where Carter was gripping onto a football.

"Carter, the ball" I said.

"What?" He snapped and gripped it tighter.

"The b-" I walked over and took the ball from him. "The ball Carter."

"Give me the damn ball," he snapped jerking the ball from my hands, it made me stumble a little. "Positions." we all ran to position. A whistle blew.

"Get water!" Coach yelled we ran got water and someone hit my butt and I squealed.

"Can't complain babydoll, it's football," Braydon said and smirked, I rolled my eyes. We ran to coach and he was looking at the clipboard. He started calling out the people who made it and 'yes' 'yeah' and etc chorused around. I didn't hear my name.

"What?!" I yelled and he taken back by my outburst. "That's not fair, I'm bout as better as the other boys out here!"

"That's my choice, unless quarterback disagrees with my decision," Coach said and I knew it was over for me, I turned to Carter.

"Carter," I said.

"No," he said, hurt was on my face.

"I don't agree with you playing football either Braylon," Braydon said. "Except for the fact I get to hit your butt." Jayden elbowed him.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because Braylon, the other schools might hurt you," Justice said.

"We might hurt you," Hudson said.

"You've got to be kidding me," I said. "You know I'm good!"

"It doesn't matter Braylon," Carter said.

"Fine," I said and started walking off the field.

"Why is there a girl on the field?" I heard a boy. "Braydon, keep your littles hoes on check."

"Braydon," I said with anger.

"She's not my hoe, she's not a hoe at all," Braydon said. "What're you guys doing here?"

"Coming to see my team," I looked to see it was Dre, senior and three other boys behind him.

"It's not your team, Dre," Carter said.

"For now," he said.

"Braylon Paige," Carter said.

"Yes Carter?" I asked.

"You're playing," he said and I looked at him, I walked back and Dre looked at me.

"You've got to be kidding me," he said, I walked to him. "What do you want?"

"Einstein," I said.

"Yes Hart?" Carter asked.

"Can show Dre who invented gravity?" I asked and Dre got in my face more.

"I'm a senior, you're a senior," he said. "But I'm stronger than you."

"You're not hurting her," Cody said.

"Shutup Cody," I said. "I can handle it."

He smiled. "See you later," He kissed my cheek, they walked off and I clenched my fists.

"Braylon, are you sure?" Jayden asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Fine, but if you get hurt don't come crying to us," Aaron snapped.

"I didn't cry when I got socked in the jaw, did I?" I snapped.

"Ok, you guys," coach said. "Hit the showers and change." he blew the stupid whistle, we walked up and I grabbed my clothes. I walked out and out of the school, I waited for Cody and someone walked out. But it wasn't Cody, it was Carter. He looked at me and looked around like he was making sure no one was around. He came near me and grabbed me hand, he pushed me against the wall. Truthfully, I was expecting him to punch me, instead of his fists, his lips crashed into mine.

He grabbed my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Our lips moved in sync. Someone yanked him off, I expected to see Cody but instead I saw Braydon.