Chapter 19

Braylon's Pov

"Ok guys, this is the night before our game against Riverside," coach said. "We're going to do the best we can."

"Yeah!" We yelled.

We practiced 4 to 6 and my body was aching, we had got home and I walked up to my room. My stomach was churning about the idea of this game, I walked to my window and looked out. I raised it up and I climbed down on the vine fence, I jumped down and started walking back to the school. I saw someone on the field running and I jumped over the fence and leaned against the field goal.

"What're you doing out here?" I asked.

"Practicing," he said and walked to me out of breath. "You?"

"Nervous." I said.

"Why?" He said.

"Just the fact I'm a girl playing football." I said.

"You're an awesome football player Braylon, you're going to do awesome." he said.

"Not if I keep focusing on messing up." I said and he got in front of me and I stood up straight.

"You're going to rock that field Bray." He said.

"Only if I could believe that." I said and he slapped me. "Braydon."

"Stop thinking like that." He said. "Where's that determined girl that I know? Because isn't the Braylon Hart I know."

"You didn't have to slap me." I said.

"Yes I did, I needed to knock some sense into you." he said. "Do you know why your real dad left?"

"Why so suddenly interested?" I asked.

"I've always wanted to know, I've just never had the guts to ask." he said.

"The day my dad left was the dad my heart broke in pieces because I was a big daddy's girl. He started changing after awhile, my dad was a lawyer and he started where he wouldn't come home as much. Mom and him would argue more, I would scared and go to Codys room. Then, one I came home from school and heard them arguing, but that was the worst argument they got in. Nobody was home besides them and me, I hid under the kitchen table and was crying as mom threw a glass cup at him and it shattered. He started yelling again and so did mom, he said something about leaving," I said. "He never came around again."

"Braylon, I'm sorry." he said and hugged me, we pulled apart and he kissed my cheek. "I gotta get going."

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said.

"Yeah." he said and he started walking away. "Don't make me slap you again." I smiled and I jumped over the fence and I walked home, I climbed back up my vine fence and I done a ninja roll. I took a shower, I got changed and I got in my bed and fell asleep.

~*~

I woke up and done my business and got dressed. I grabbed my phone and bookbag and walked downstairs. Nobody was here except Cody.

"Cody, where is everyone?" I asked.

"Moms at work and I have no idea where Nick and Frankie's at." He said and I heard Kali start to cry, I ran upstairs and picked her up and walked back downstairs and put her in the highchair. I pulled out my phone.

"Hello?" Mom answered.

"Hey Mom." I said.

"Why are you still at home?" She asked.

"It's only six and what am I suppose to do with Kali?" I asked.

"Frankie." she said.

"She's not here and neither is Nick." I said.