The Decree

Well my first week of school is over, but I haven't been able to concentrate much all day, as my thoughts continue to drift to Ajax's gig tonight. What if I don't enjoy it? What if I enjoy it too much? What if I look ridiculous and everyone laughs at me? This is so stressful! I never thought a 'fun' night out would cause me so much anxiety. I almost couldn't eat my lunch! Almost...

Luckily Maisie, JD and Tiger have come over to my house so that we can get ready altogether. I think Tiger realised that I am a little more nervous then I was letting on. I spritz on some Chanel perfume my mom got me for Christmas last year, and fiddle with my hair in the mirror trying to give it more volume. Maisie is humming on my bed and Tiger is adjusting her wig. JD has been banished outside whilst we get dressed, and is slumped against my door drawing. The four of us have made a close group as Nick has a new girlfriend, Adalee, and has been hanging around with her and her peppy friends. Whenever he's around her you can almost see the hearts in his eyes. 

JD is the human form of a golden retriever, and different to all of the idiotic boys I have had the displeasure of meeting. He is sweet and helpful, always offering to get us food at lunch (the way to my heart, let's be honest), and carrying our bags when we have an over-indulgence of belongings. He is a bit of a geek - not that that is a bad thing. I hate when people associate quiet, intelligent, knowledgeable kids with bad connotations. Personally I love geeks, as I too am secretly one. I have a soft spot for Star Trek, Star Wars and Marvel. You have to blame it on my brother – his last obsessive phase was Star Wars, and he must have watched the films at least three times a week! As a child I used to beg my sperm donor to buy me the Marvel comics. Now I cannot look at them without thinking of him, which stirs up negative emotions, which I really do not need in my life. They are buried in a box somewhere for when the hurt scabs over.

JD and I are only friends though. Even if I did have romantic feelings for him it wouldn't be of any use as I am fairly certain he is in love with Maisie. If he treats me nicely then he treats Maisie as if she is the star of his universe. He is always staring at her which she giggles at, and he says it is just so that her portrait comes out more realistically. It is just a shame that she is always, always going on about Noah. JD and Maisie would be such an adorable, well matched couple, and so would Tiger and Noah. I just have to hope that everything turns out like it's supposed to.

Maisie is wearing knee high socks with a short white tennis skirt and pretty purple corset sucking in her size two figure. Tiger is wearing a long, sleek black wig today which looks incredible on her. Whether she has no hair or long thick hair she looks amazing - I am pretty sure she could pull off anything. Her cow print lace up top and black jeans shows off her tall, thin enviable figure, and minimal makeup including a dark pink lipstick highlights her stunning features. Compared to them I look like I have just rolled out of bed and said 'this will do'. Tiger said my wardrobe is 'depressing' to look at and even Maisie agreed and she is the sweetest, most complimentary person I have ever met. A simple button-up crimson sundress that falls to mid thigh with a grey hoodie over my shoulders and strappy sandals is the extent of my fashion skills.

"Wow I am so plain compared to you guys." I blurt out as I can't help but compare myself to the model and fairy Princess in my room.

"What, no you're not!" Maisie exclaims with a horrified gasp, as if I had just told her I have a terminal illness.

"You need to give yourself more credit, you're beautiful Lena." Tiger insists.

"Yeah, you're a natural blonde, you have so many freckles which are just adorable, big brown eyes and a pearly-white pretty smile." Maisie insists as she stands and hovers behind me.

"Thank you but I know I am quite plain. And I have a fat pig nose. Jeremy Fletcher in elementary school used to call me little Miss Piggy. I was glad when we moved that time." I chuckle, although it sounds a bit depressing.