Manly Help? No Thanks

I storm through the mall with Tiger and Maisie at my side, running on pent up angry energy. But when a group of obnoxiously pink fake-handbag wearing girls surrounded by a cloud of perfume spill out of a shop and kill my pace, it kind of ruins the confident I'm-better-then-you vibe we had going on.

Tiger kindly offers to drop me home as she lives in an apartment complex not too far from me, which makes my day a little bit better. Maisie links her arm with mine and stumbles after us, continuing to look around and wave at Noah until we have gone down the escalator and he is completely out of sight. She's pulling the same face I did when my ex got me high once, but is really just stuck in dreamland from being in close proximity with Noah.

I think she a little more then likes him. Maybe obsessed is the right word. 

It takes us a while to find Tiger's old beaten up Ford as Maisie was sure they parked in car park B, but it was actually section A. I collapse into the car that smells strongly of dog with a huff, feeling wound up like a jack in a box and ready to explode in Ajax's stupid handsome face.

"I can't believe you know the boys Lena. You're so lucky." Maisie exclaims as if I had just won a million dollars.

"Lucky? I wouldn't say that." I snort as I strap myself into the soft grey seat.

"What's the deal between you guys?" Tiger asks as she starts the engine, looking at me through her rear view mirror.

"Unfortunately we are neighbours." I chuckle wryly.

"Oh my gosh!" Maisie exclaims and reaches a pitch unknown to man, causing Tiger to swerve a little. You would have thought a child just ran into the road.

"Flipping heck Maisie, I've told you before - no screaming in the car!" Tiger exclaims looking uneasy.

"Yeah what's wrong?" I ask with a hand over my galloping heart beat.

"Can I come to your house all the time Lena? I bet the boys practice together everyday! Oh, and to see you as well... you seem like a really nice person with the best neighbours!" Maisie squeals excitedly, fluttering her long black eyelashes and looking up at me with her huge sapphire eyes that no one can say no too.

"Yeah you're both welcome around mine whenever, although I am going to be avoiding 'the boys' as much as possible." I warn her. "Ajax has basically ruined my life as now I have to keep my curtains closed all the time." I complain with a grumpy frown.

"Aw I'm sure it's not that bad! Are you sharing a window or something?" Maisie asks, obviously very interested in the boys.

"Yeah, we both have windows which open onto each other. It's totally ridiculous, and I should complain to the architect who designed the houses so poorly."

"Don't worry Lena, Ajax may be cocky and a little bit in love with himself, but he isn't mean or overly rude. He's a people person. As soon as school starts he'll be too busy with his grades and the band to bother you." Tiger informs me, which piques my interest.

"Band?" I ask, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Yeah Ajax, Noah and Giri are in a band together called 'The Decree'!" Maisie reveals excitedly. "They are so popular and treated a bit like Royalty at school and in town. Not only are they all incredibly good looking - like seriously, what is in their water - everyone loves them because they are so musically talented. I think every girl in school has had a crush on one of them at one point or the other. Well apart from Tiger. She's so hot she's immune." Maisie giggles, but I notice Tiger only gives us a watery smile which doesn't quite agree. "Of course I have only ever had a crush on Noah. I'm loyal to him even though we aren't together..." She frowns.