Sunday Mornings

A few hours and three extra songs later I help the boys pack up after their gig. Well, help is a relative term - they may have seen it as more of a hindrance as I admired their instruments. I received quite a few snarky looks as I talked to the boys effortlessly, and there was a crowd of girls waiting for their chance to reel them in. Ajax gave me his leather jacket to wear over my now disgusting dress, which was very sweet of him. It was oversized and not in a cute way, but I was very flattered as he forced it around my shoulders. 

Giri was quite touchy with me, throwing a muscled arm around my shoulder and pulling me in close to his topless chest, as he decided to throw his top into the crowd earlier. I rolled my eyes at his flirty attitude when Ajax grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into his chest with a glare at Giri, who put his hands up in surrender. It did strange things to my heart as Ajax told him off and stood so close to me his scent wrapped around me and his body lightly pressed into my own. If he's protective over me, why not over his girlfriend Kat? Giri apologises to me and shrugs, instead setting his focus on a group of girls waiting for him, all heavily dolled up and treating him like he's some kind of God. Ajax acted like nothing happened and brushed past me with his hands planted on my hips, making my heartbeat race in my chest. I always feel like I have something wrong with me when I'm around him. My body just can't handle it. Of course Tiger noticed our little interaction as she leant against the wall with a smug, knowing smile. 

Afterwards a few of us went to a 24 hour McDonalds for a late night snack. Of course I wanted to go as I am always hungry. In the end there were six of us, Noah, Tiger, Ajax, JD, Maisie and me. It was fun, although it felt like my friend groups had collided, but all lingering awkwardness had evaporated by the time my chicken nuggets arrived. However, it did feel like we were sat in weird pairings. Maisie plopped herself down next to Noah before anyone else (Tiger) had a chance, although most of the time she was too nervous to speak to him. On top of that, Noah was only really interested in Tiger and getting her attention. She was sat next to Ajax and neither of them really made much of an effort to talk, but Ajax kept looking at JD funnily who was sat next to me. I don't know how Ajax missed that JD only has eyes for Maisie, but I kind of got the vibe that he was jealous of JD, especially when he made me laugh. Ajax asked how we knew each other in a bored tone, but the way his defined jaw was clenched and the darkness in his eyes suggested he wasn't so nonchalant. I don't know why I couldn't stop my smile. He's got a girlfriend! I have to keep reminding myself about her. Even though JD and I are good friends, you can tell he only really wants to be with Maisie.

By the time I tiptoed home I was nearly an hour late for my curfew, but crisis was averted as my mom was already in bed.

On Saturday I had a lazy pyjama day catching up on school work and wasting hours away on Tiktok. Now it is Sunday and my mom dragged me out of bed early (nearly by the hair I might add) as I am babysitting Nessie and Miya again. They are just about worth getting up early for. Ok fine, they have stolen my heart already with their cuteness and terrible out of tune singing. Our moms have gone out for an early exercise class and then lunch after meaning I have the whole morning with the little angels.  

Seeing the girls also means I have to see Ajax. We have a love hate relationship, and I guess we are friends now. He sleeps in to the grand old time of ten o'clock whilst I am in his living room cleaning up after his sisters, who do not seem able to keep their food in their mouths or on their plates. I hear footsteps from above, and my stomach does a weird flip thing when I realise this means Ajax is finally up. I keep my eyes on Miya's Zootopia picture book though, as she sits back and watches TV but has instructed me to do her colouring for her. I feel my heartbeat raise in anticipation as clumsy footsteps plod down the stairs, and the tension builds. 

"Morning." He yawns in his deep morning voice which sends shivers down my spine.

I tell myself to get a grip as I turn my head to see him standing in the doorway, trying to act unruffled. But my composed attitude melts away as I realise he is only wearing grey shorts, and his hair is all messed up from bed still. I swallow as my eyes sweep his impressive body, and I don't seem to have the power to draw my eyes back up to his face. Of course he has rock hard abs. Why is he such walking perfection? Suddenly he chuckles, making my eyes dart back to his amused face.