A Plead for Normality

I splash some water and a load of soap over my hands, flicking the remaining suds off as I hurry out of the bathroom. It looks like someone tried to shave over the sink with enough hair to fill a wig draped in the murky water. Yuck. I think I just took the record for fastest bathroom use. I barely had time to sit down. A couple glare daggers at me as I storm past them, pushing through their conjoined hands with a quick 'sorry'. My boots squeak on the discoloured tiled floor of the eerie hallway, and I am putting more effort into my running now then I do for gym class.

I burst into the main room, pushing the heavy door open so that it slams against the peeling wall. What feels like a thousand cautious eyes turn to me. The band are playing again now, and my heart falls in my chest as I realise Ajax is playing his own heartfelt love ballad with beautiful lyrics, and I'm missing it. His voice is angelic. People would definitely play good money to hear him sing. A future full of sold out arenas and red carpets is in store for him. Couples are swaying and meant to-be-lovers are gazing at each other tenderly. I feel bad for missing it, but I file the feeling away for later and scour the room for Tiger. Noah is up on stage, his face set in an unusual grim line with his eyes downcast.

Tiger is nowhere to be seen.

I guess she has escaped the room whilst duty called for Noah.

"Did you hear Noah has a girlfriend? It's that Tiger chic." I hear people murmuring to the side of me. Oh God. Why can't people mind their own goddamn business?

Of course everyone is going to be interested in Noah's love life as one of the most eligible men in this town. I push through the tamed crowds to reach Maisie and JD, still caught up in conversation and talking in hushed tones to reflect the mood. JD scratches his neck awkwardly as he goes an adorable pink colour, swirling down beneath his button up and travelling to the tips of his ears. He's probably going to ask Maisie if she wants to dance with him, but unfortunately I must interrupt. Maisie deserves to find out from Tiger, not strangers gossiping in a bar.

"Hey guys, we need to go." I look around anxiously, and notice a number of girls staring at us around the room.

"What's wrong?" Maisie asks looking concerned.

"I... I don't feel well. We should go." I reaffirm, tugging on her sleeve.

"Ok let's get you home." Maisie nods as she looks back to JD for confirmation.

"Where's Nick?" He asks, and I feel like saying sod him, but they won't understand my bitchiness.

"Oh, and did you see Tiger in the bathroom? I haven't seen her in ages!" Maisie exclaims as she stands on her tiptoes to search for her friends, her vibrant lilac colour hair slipping off her shoulders and spilling down her back.

I look around anxiously while trying to pull Maisie to the front door.

"Can you tell me what's wrong Lena? You look stressed." Maisie whispers with loving concern sparkling in her sapphire blue eyes.

"Let's just go Maisie. You need to talk to Tiger."

"Tiger? Where is she?" She questions, finally giving in and timidly following me to the exit. Great, just five more steps...

"Maisie!" No damn it! I spin around to see Maisie's friend, Louisa-Caitlyn in a risqué black corset top which looks stunning with her curled red hair.

"Louisa!" She exclaims joyously even though she went home with her earlier. "Ten seconds Lena!" She calls out apologetically.