Lover Adored - Chapter 32

Ahgony held on to his mahmen as she hugged him tight.

- Are you all right?

- I am fine, mom, I promise.

- I am not just talking about the fight.

- I know. I’m good.

- How is Mariah?

- Dealing with some stuff.

He clenched his jaw, wanting to tell Cormia, but not wanting to break Mariah’s trust. There was a knock at the door and a teary Mariah came in.

- Oh, sorry I didn’t know you were…

- What is it tahlly?

- Hi Cormia.

God, he had forgotten all about his mom the second a distressed Mariah had opened the door.

- Are you ok? Why are you crying?

- I told him. I told my dad.

She looked at Cormia.

- I found out Rhage is my real father. My blooded father.

- Oh my. That is…

- Amazing.

Cormia smiled brightly and walked over to hug her.

- That is really good news, I am so happy to hear that.

- Thank you. I’ll leave you two to talk. I didn’t mean to intrude like that.

- Oh no, don’t worry. I have to go find Matt anyway, he’s been asking about architect school and I’ve been meaning to talk to him.

- Are you sure? You hardly have time with Ahgs as it is, with you staying at the camp.

- I am sure. You need him.

After another hug or two, his mahmen left them alone.

- So how did he take it?

- Not so good at first, I think he’s still processing.

- And your mom?

- She handled it better. I think. I guess I need to talk to her alone, after all I am a constant reminder that he was with someone else, apparently when they had just met, so…

- She loves you.

- I know.

She smiled at him.

- Right now I just want to catch up on my sleep. I’ll think about everything tomorrow.

He hauled her up in his arms and walked out into the vestibule happy to see that now that Rhage had gone up to his room, the welcoming committee had dispersed.

- Come on. I’ll get you good and relaxed so you can get some proper sleep.

Her sensual smile told him that they would sleep… eventually.

*-*-*-*-*

A few days later, Ahgony was nervous as he waited for Rhage.

He had been talking to Mariah, making love to her every night but still, there was something missing.

He needed her name on his back.

So this was it. A repeat of their conversation a while back. Only this time, he hoped, with a different outcome.

Rhage was in Wrath’s office, had been there for a while now. And he hoped they weren’t going to be much longer since the party in honor of Hollywood’s recovery would start soon. He wanted to talk to him first.