Lover Adored - Chapter 13

The last month had been a complete blur for Mariah.

She had apologized a million times to her dad but he just nodded and went back to ignoring her.

Mariah had never seen him like this, he was actually brooding. Rhage didn't brood. Ever.

He was hurt. And she had no idea on how to make it better.

When Ahgony was out fighting and she wasn’t meeting up with the girls, she'd be looking into the papers Rhage had given her. But there really wasn’t that much to go on.

She had been found on the streets as a toddler, wondering around the streets alone. No one had looked for her that they knew off. No one had claimed her.

After some blood tests it had been clear that she was a half breed. And no one, vampire or human, was looking for her. Despite being a half breed and not knowing of she would ever transition, which, thank the Scribe Virgin, she had, and Rhage and Mary had taken her in and adopted her as her own. And since they didn't know her date of birth, her birthday was celebrated on the day she had come into the mansion.

She shook her head to clear out her thoughts. She was at Safe Place now to help out. These females needed her so she better concentrate. Marissa had two females about to give birth and since this was Mariah's calling, she had immediately accepted to help out. Ehlena was also here to help with anything they could need.

Mariah had talked extensively about what Marissa remembered, but everything Butch's shellan had told her, she already knew. Which totally sucked, but wasn’t her fault. Maybe it was just time to give up her search. After all, if her so called parents hadn't looked for her, why should she go ahead and find them. Clearly they didn't want her. It was time to give up...

The buzzer at the door rang and since Marissa was checking on some of the females, she checked the entrance cam. She could see a male and female. Or man and woman, she wasn’t sure if they were her kind or humans.

- Hello.

- Hi, it’s me, can you open the door, please.

- Who are you?

She didn't recognize him and the male frowned.

- I'm Blaxton. Is Marissa there? I have a female who needs shelter. She requires protection. Preferably before sunup.

- Uhm, just a minute.

Blaxton? Definitely a male from her race but she had never heard that name before. Or had she? It rang a bell somehow but... oh wait! Wasn’t Blaxton the male Nalla had fed from? Oh oh...

- Marissa? Do you know a male named Blaxton?

- Oh yes, he's the new physician for the race.

Her face became a bit sad, surely remembering the previous physician, Havers. Marissa's brother.

- He's a great male. You can let him in. And look, if ever in doubt, here is a list of names, with pictures, of people allowed in. This has been verified, approved and authorized by Butch, Vishous and the King himself. See? Blax is right here.

- Oh great. Thanks

She opened the buzzer.

- Please, come in.

She opened the security gates for him and the female, and prepared some admission papers just as Ehlena appeared to help out.

- Hi, welcome to Safe Place.

- Hi. Are you two new here?

- Not really. I'm Mariah and this is Ehlena.

- I'm Blaxton, Blax. And this is Mehlanie. As you can see she needs protection.