Lover Adored - Chapter 26

Patrolling started slow as usual.

Seemed lessers were into hiding lately, not even coming out to the alleys anymore. Fucking cowards.

They split up in pairs and each went for a different area, but staying close because when the fuckers did come out to play… well, they now did it in groups. Fucking large groups.

He moved with Darius along the Hudson shore, hoping to find their foul smelling enemy shacked up somewhere along here.

- So Rhage seems ok with you and Mariah being together, huh.

- Yeah. He’s definitely not against it anymore. We haven’t really talked about it, but I am thinking that if I ask him now to let her mate me, he won’t be so against it.

He kicked at a little pebble.

- I mean, I’m still your Ahstrux Nohtrum, and he’s still not a big fan of that, but he’s seen me with her, so he knows I can still have your back and take care of my female. Plus after what happened, you know, finding out she can’t…

He shut up when the putrid scent of baby powder and garbage filled his nostrils.

- Fuck. Here we go.

- You ready Ahgs?

- Got your back buddy.

- Let’s go get ’em.

Three lessers appeared before them, flashing distorted evil grins.

Ahgony took out his daggers and moved ever so slightly to stand in front of Darius, who already had his shuriken stars in his hand.

Preferred weapon of choice, just like Wrath, back in the day.

One of the ninja throwing stars whooshed past his ear, embedding itself in the lessers chest, poofing him right back to the Omega.

- Dude, great aim, but Butch is on clean up duty, remember? Tonight we don’t kill, we just incapacitate.

- Oops. My bad.

Darius threw another star, this one, slicing the lessers throat, effectively brining him down. As the creature went down, holding his throat, trying to slow the bleeding, Ahgony was almost bored.

- Nice job D.

- Thanks man. You wanna go for the other one?

He lazily scratched his jaw with the dagger.

- Sure. Why not?

He waited for the lesser to approach, while Darius stood to the side, texting Butch their coordinates, he was sure.

Come at me dude – he thought. I got a female to go home to and a Brother to convince of becoming my father in law. So let’s make this fast.

The lesser kept grinning like maniac, circling around him but staying just out of reach.

- Fuck!

He heard Darius curse and wanted to turn, but knew that the second he did, the lesser would attack. Fuck it, his job was to protect D, no matter what. Time to stop fucking around. He put the Daggers away and got out his glocks, shooting the lesser once in the head and once in each kneecap, effectively keeping him down for Butch.

As he turned around, his heart pumped pure adrenaline.

Six fucking lessers, all surrounding D. Worst was that one of them had a knife against D’s throat. How the fuck had that happened?

He couldn’t shoot any of them or the fucker would off D faster than he could blink.

Shit.

Two of them came running at him and out of the corner of his eye he saw Rhage and Butch dematerialize.