Lover Adored - Chapter 28

Mariah sat wedged between Ahgony and her mahmen. They had told them to expect the worst, but still she was praying for the best. Rhage was more than likely going onto the Fade, and so was Mary.

Ehlena came out of the OR.

- We need another Chosen in here and ah…

She scanned the crowd.

- Mary, come.

Her mother got up, weakened by Rhage’s condition and shaking like a leave.

But if he needed a Chosen, it was because he was feeding, and if he was feeding, that meant he was alive, right?

Right?

Ahgony pulled her closer and kissed her forehead again.

He hadn’t moved. Not once. Even though he was wounded himself and must be exhausted. He had stood by her, a constant support for her and Mary. She loved him all the more for it, if that was even possible.

Phury crouched by their side, his gentleness somehow soothing.

- How are you holding up Mariah?

- Barely. But ok, I guess.

He nodded at her.

- And you son?

- I’m good dad.

- You need to have those wounds checked.

- I’m fine. Really. Don’t worry.

Phury nodded again.

- When you can, give your mother a call. Cormia is with the rest of the Chosen but she can come over if you need her to. She’s worried about you. About the two of you.

- No that’s ok. We’ll let you know if we need anything.

- No problem.

Phury got up again and she leaned against Ahgs, restless.

An eternity later, it was Blaxton who came out of the OR.

- It’s still too early to be sure, he has a lot of internal damage that we are keeping a close eye on and he’ll need a little longer than usual to heal, but given the way he just kissed Mary senseless, I’d say he’ll be up and running in no time.

Mariah started crying and it was Payne who came up to her this time.

- As soon as they let me, I’m going in. He will be healed completely if I can help him.

- Thank you.

She felt relief and pain at the same time.

Relief because Rhage would make it.

Pain because she still had a hard time believing he had been able to cheat on her mom, with her biological mom.

Dear Virgin but she was confused.

Blaxton crouched down before her.

- I’m going to keep him in observation 24 hours, but after that, he’s good to go to the mansion’s clinic. Or straight to the mansion if what I keep hearing about Payne is true.

He smiled at her in reassurance.

- Thank you. Thanks for saving him.

- We did what we had too. Everything else, is up to him now.

He kissed the top of her head before getting up.

- Since it’s daytime, I’ve arranged for a few rooms upstairs, for everyone.