Lover Adored - Chapter 30

Mariah hesitated as she saw her father strong as ever, with a big shit eating grin on his face.

- Toots! Check it. Your old man is as good as new.

She stood by the door unable to move. She was shaking, her lips were trembling and her eyes were burning with the need to cry.

- Toots?

- He’s ok Tinsel. He’s going to make it.

Finally tears started spilling over and she ran to the bed straight into his strong arms. As a kid, this had been the best place to be. His love, his protection… everything was ok, as long as she was in his arms. Now Ahgony had taken over that place, but Rhage was still and would always be her daddy.

She heard a sniffle and then a curse.

- Dammit. Leelan, gimme a tissue will you. Got something in my eye again.

- Sure you do.

Mary give him the tissue and rubbed Mariah’s back in gentle soothing motions. She was still bawling her eyes out, unable to stop due to all the emotions she was keeping inside. She turned and included Mary in her embrace.

- I… I… love youuuu.

- Oh honey… We love you too.

- I don’t…. I… can’t lose you.

- You won’t, toots. Hey, are you ok?

- I should be asking you that…

She smiled though her tears as she sniffled much like he had done. She looked at him. Really looked at him, and tried to see herself in him, in his features. Same blond hair, same blue eyes, but that was where the similarities ended. The rest of her was more like the picture she had seen of Tina.

She needed answers, and she promised herself she would get them. But not right now.

- I’m fine. More than fine. Thanks to your boys.

- My boys?

- Ahgony and Blaxton. If it hadn’t been for them, I… Darius too. Damn, I need to talk to Wrath.

- You will, Rhage. After we get home, in a few days. You are still on bed rest.

- Am I?

Her father’s question was a seductive drawl that make her mahmen blush.

- Oh my god! Hello, daughter present! Stop that!

Rhage boomed with laughter and her heart swelled at the sound of it.

He was alive. Alive and well. She needed to remember that that was the important part.

There was a knock at the door and Blaxton came in with a bunch of clothes.

- These are the biggest ones I could find. I’m not sure if they’ll fit.

- Thanks man, I’m sure they will be fine.

Blax looked at her with concern but she just shook her head.

- Ok dad, so get dressed. Manny is ready to take you home.

- Yup. Hey does Fritz know we’re coming? I kinda feel like having some spinach crepes. Oh and some lamb with those baby potatoes Wrath loves so much. And those turkey sandwiches Z makes…

- Don’t worry dad. They know you are coming home and they know you’re appetite. Fritz is ready.

- Oh yeah. Gotta gain some weight you know?