Lover Adored - Chapter 7

Hope was seething as Zsadist ended the class. They hadn’t had class the night before because of Mariah’s needing, but it normally didn’t affect her. She tried to hide the pain in her side as best as she could but still she winced when she started walking towards the dressing rooms.

- You ok? Did I hurt you?

Elvar looked at her with a mix of annoyance and worry.

- I’m fine.

- You don’t look fine.

- What the hell are you talking about Ervy boy. She looks mighty fine to the rest of us.

Vix swatted her ass before putting his arm around her shoulders.

Elvar’s nostrils flared and she could have sworn she saw a hint of possession. She tried to ignore the pain as Vix leaned on her, and she was grateful for Z’s voice booming though the Gym.

- Vix, get your fucking paws of her. Now. One more like that and you’re out of the training program, feel me?

Vix rolled his eyes and snorted.

- Sir, yes sir.

- Hope, get your ass out of here, now!

Vix finally lifted his weight off her and slauntered off.

Elvar was still looking at her intently and her hand went to her side. Dearest Virgin but it felt as if he had cracked a rib. She would need to go see Doc Jane with this. No way could she go to her dad, Manny.

He already hated that she was just like her mom, a fighter. If he found out she had been injured during training? She could forget ever training or fighting again.

Elvar’s knowing gaze drilled into her as she quickly turned to leave.

- I’m sorry.

His words were spoken softly so none of the other trainees who were leaving the gym, could hear.

- Don’t do that. Don’t apologize.

- Why not.

- Cause you wouldn’t apologize to any of the guys now would you?

- You’re not a guy.

She arched a brow.

- How nice of you to notice. But I’m in this class, which means I’m a soldier. So you better start treating me like one.

He snickered then shook his head.

- Whatever.

She watched his broad shoulders as he left, noticing how big he was. He had really filled out. He’d started the classes later and he wasn’t a pretrans like everyone else when they had started. In fact, he was a couple of years out of it. He’d been real skinny though, no muscle and zero confidence. Now? He was like, buff and getting more and more sure of himself.

Which was totally not a turn on. Uh uh.

She licked her lips and he turned around just then, as if he had sensed her eyes on him and she got into her dressing room with a groan. Hers because there was no other female in the program. Which suited her just fine.

She took her top off with care, gasping at the pain. Looking at herself in the mirror she groaned again.

- Oh fuck.

A huge bruise had started to form on her side. Shit.

She needed Doc Jane, like stat.

- Did I do that?