- twenty six

Enola Holmes' POV :

We woke up early to eat somewhere near, and since it was raining; it was perfect for coffee and pancakes. The cold vibrant of the air and wearing his sweater made me feel soft and comfortable. As I take a sip on my coffee, I did not notice that it was hot and immediately burned my tongue. "Bad move bad move.." I whispered to myself and put the coffee back at the small table.

Tewksbury cackled and sliced his pancake with blueberry syrup in it, giving me a half. He placed the half of his pancake on my plate. I kept my mouth covered and resting it a bit after I burned my tongue because of the hot coffee. "Why are you giving me your pancake? I still haven't finished mine."

"I hate blueberry. My favorite one got out of stock." He pouted. He's complaining yet he looks so cute, yes, I'm a softie for this guy.

I ate the pancake he gave me and the reaction he had is strangely adorable. Giving me some eye smiles.

"Don't stare at me. Just eat."

The rain started to pour loudly which makes the view calming. Tewksbury glanced at my clothes and frowned, "The sweater looks good on you."

Afterwards, we separated ways as he's going to meet his Mother and uncle. The Campbell situation seems clear now and they were now being sent in somewhere far. Detective Maya will have to deal with it. While on the way home, I noticed William walking alone so I hurriedly run up to him until I reaches his direction.

( play green by cavetown ! the song pretty much relates to William's feelings for Enola so pretend it's his thoughts )

"Hey!" I spoke.

"Hi miss!" He said and slightly grinned.

"How's your day? It's quite raining why don't you have anything to cover you?" I fixed his hair that's sweeping off his face. He chuckled and replied, "I'm good. Your sweater looks nice on you, Miss!"

I proudly looked at my sweater and cackled. "Is that so?"

"But I still look better." He laughed and winked. "We're an icon! Shut up!" I raised my brows and did some model poses.

We talked about a lot of things and even teased each other. Couple of minutes later, William became quiet and let out a sigh. "Hey, what's bothering you?" He stared at me with sullen eyes. "I actually.... have something to say."

I felt a little bit of unease and nervousness came on me again, I'm always nervous whenever people keep telling those. I hate my anxious side.

"W-what?"

William sighed and stared at me with sullen eyes. "I'm leaving London. My aunt had find some place for me to stay there and I guess that maybe I should restart my life in somewhere new;New environment. I'm going to miss you a lot, Miss."

You look so good in green,
I hope you're well

And you look so good with him,
and i'm proud of you still.

I can't help but feel light-hearted and at the same time, fed up.

"When?"

"I supposed it's tomorrow. I wasn't planning to tell you that since you've been with Tewksbury and I don't want to ruin it...."

I hope you feel happy
That's all I want.

He sobs uncontrollably and I was tearing up, too. "I'm going to miss you, Miss Holmes. I thank the universe for having you around. I hope that someday, we'll be able to talk again just like the old times. And I wish you two every happiness in the world."

He falls on my neck, crying and I just hugged him. I started to cry too as I felt the crook of neck getting wet. William faced me, sniffing his nose and waited for my answer. I blow softly and started to look at him, trying not to break my emotions all over.

"God! Why'd you have to make me cry? I'm going to miss you... and I want you to know that I'm proud of you, always, my detective Cipriani."

His sadness was etched all over his face and I couldn't bare it, a while ago, we were laughing our heads off and now we are crying. I can't imagine this guy without being by my side. Knowing that he'll be better and stable makes me glad. I really hope to see you again, William. We wiped our tears and just started recalling old times. Both of us promised that we'll meet each other again at the first place we've met. His aunt's lodging house. Remembering how he introduced himself. How I think he's weird and just some random guy. But little did I know, he became someone whom I can trust with. He's my partner in crime and I just thought that... maybe things are really meant this way. Some people really had to leave. I'm not against him leaving, I'm actually glad since he's now focusing on himself as he should. I'm very proud of him. I'm sure William knows that. He then left and waved his hand at me gesturing goodbye.

"See you soon, Miss Holmes!"

"See you soon, Detective Cipriani!"

--

short chapter for today since i'm working on the last one ;))