- eight

Enola Holmes' POV :

"Miss Holmes!"
"Miss!
"Miss look at that!"

I can hear William's excitement over something that I was not looking at. He kept calling me but here I am just reading something over a newspaper, looking if my mother sent me any message.

"Miss Holmes, look!" William called me once again and I turned around to face William as he points out to a paper placed into the wall.

"What does this suppose to mean?" I ask and looked at William.

"There will be a ball located somewhere here! Do you want to dance and like spent the night with me?" he asked and offered his hand.

"You do that?" I ask, looking at his hand.

"I-if you would love to?"

I chuckled and nodded, well, this is the first time someone is taking me into something like this.

"Oh and look! Lord Tewksbury and Lady Martina would be there too! This is going to be so fun, right Miss?" He exclaimed, his voice was filled with excitement. They are going?! Why does fate keeps going on like this?!

"Really? I must take a look and see if that's true then," I walked closer and read the words very well.

"Dear everyone who sees this,

You are invited into a grand ball we'll be hosting. The venue will be at the The Bloomsbury Balloon. Also, don't forget to bring your plus one! We will see you there at 6:30 pm! Have fun and celebrate the night away!

Lord Tewksbury and Lady Martina Campbell will join us. "

"Are you nervous? Excited? You name it!" William said and is obviously teasing me by poking my arm.

"No, there is no reason to be." I answered.

"Aren't you going to buy some fancy clothes? Do you need like uh... extravagant clothing? or uh.." William exaggerated.

"I can handle that later, Willy. For now, I'll just go where I need to go." I faced the other way and starts walking to go and check Detective Maya's letter.

"See you later then! Don't forget to look fancy later, Miss!" William said from behind, I can sense he's waving his hand gesturing me goodbye.

-

As I got home, I immediately checked my mailbox and saw that Detective Maya has sent me a letter. I quickly opened those and read it:

"Dear Miss Holmes,

This letter wasn't urgent or anything, it is a gratitude letter. Thank you for helping me. I already did some actions and you don't need to worry for anything else. Please let me know if you need something. It would be an honor to give you a reward.

Warm Regards,

Detective Maya Blakes"

Good thing, I finished this case earlier than expected. Nicolo wasn't really 'intelligent and fearless'. It's just an exaggeration. Before it slipped away to my mind, I remembered William and the grand ball! I looked at the clock and it was already 3:45 pm. I haven't had the proper, fancy clothes yet!

I went hurriedly into the nearest shop where I could buy fancy clothes. Unlike the last time, they were now obligated to have me inside. I even had to wear one of the expensive gowns they have. I wore a blue victorian long evening dress that has puffy long sleeves in it,  matching with the necklace my brother gave me and my hair was just lying unto my back.