- two

Enola Holmes' POV :

YEARS EARLIER

I was standing outside the House of Lords as I saw Tewksbury being reunited with his family. I watched them celebrate before I make a sudden move closer to their house and as I expected, he saw me there. I got closer into the gate which separates us from each other and smiled when we finally faced each other.

"Congratulations. You finally looked like the nincompoop you were born to be." I said and formed a smile on my face.

Tewksbury chuckled on what I said.

"No," I added.

"You look good.... This is good." I said and looked at him. I can't help but notice how his suit looks better at him.

"The vote is quite an hour. It's uhm, quite the thing."

"I'm not supposed to bow or anything, am, I, now that you are whatever you are?" I asked. I noticed he smiled while I was saying those words.

"Well, arguably, you always had to bow." He answered, feeling confident.

This boy really had the guts to say that huh?

"You just chose not to." He added and I chuckled. I can't help but feel happy, proud and sad. I don't know I probably just had this mixed emotions on me, every time.

"So, uh, are you safe? Are you.. Are you comfortable? You're not still living in that terrible lodgings house, are you?"

"No."

"I used the reward your mother gave me." I supposed.

"Which you reluctantly took,"

"...and found somewhere new." I smiled.

"Well, mother has said, that there's a um.. there's always a room for you with us." He softly spoke.

"Your mother has clearly hasn't spent enough time with me." I chuckled.

Tewksbury formed a grin on his face and looked like his emotions had let him down.

"And what if it was I that... asked you to stay?" He murmured. Out of a sudden, my mind goes completely blank and I can't even say a word.

"A kind offer... but one I must refuse."

For a minute, the atmosphere between us was filled with silence and I can feel him wanting to say something but don't know how he can. I tried to look everywhere just to avoid his eyes for a bit but then, I held his hand simply because I felt like I have too.

He glanced at my hand placed with his. "How... How will I.... When will I see you again?"

His question made me think too. When will I also see you again, Tewksbury? I also left myself in confusion at this moment. Will our paths cross again someday? Maybe.

"You're not rid of me yet, Viscount Tewksbury Marquess of Basilwether?"

He didn't bother to reply and instead he stares at my hand and before I can react, he had taken it and kissed it. I didn't know but I felt butterflies for the first time. It was like an apple that kept falling in a tree, but the difference is it won't stop falling. I sighed and looked at him, too. I can't help but smile. I removed my hand that is positioned with his and let out a sigh while effortlessly walking farther towards him. Looking back, he smiled at me and shed a tear.

There is only one thought that kept repeating over my mind—I'd come back and meet you once again, Tewksbury.