- ten

Lord Tewksbury's POV :

"What took you so long to come home last night?" Martina asked while reading the newspaper.

"I believe it's quite private," I replied and wiped my hair that's brushing into my face. She glanced at me seriously and said, "Really?" The newspaper is almost tearing, I can see she's flaming inside.

"You should not invade someone's privacy, Lady." I stated and went at the terrace. The fresh wind was brushing off my hair and I look like an idiot. Maybe I should let Enola cut my hair again? Thinking of her makes me chuckled, the thought of Enola was giving butterflies into me. It is quite rare for a man to have that or admit to have that.

I can hear Martina's foot steps coming into my direction. What is she up to again?

"What?" I said and turned around as long as she reached me. "What do you mean 'what'? Can't I just sit here with you?" she responded and tried to act innocently.

"Fine." I replied shortly. Looking up at the blues, my thoughts were all about last night. Dancing with Enola makes my heart melt, her eyes that are stuck on mine, the cold breeze of the night. I can't help it, I wanted to tell her that I like her since the beginning. She knows that. It's that just everything changed when we were away. It's been two years. Two years yet, my feelings remained.

"You're thinking of something deep?" Martina asked and moved closer.

"No." I replied and distant myself a bit.

"You know what, I think we should work on our thing." she refers to us and held my hand.

"What thing? We both know it was just for our family's sake.." I removed her hand in mine.

"We both know, you felt something. I felt something. So, what's with your response?" she says and tried to reach for my hand as I moved it away.

"I was never into you to begin with." says I and moved forward, completely ignoring her. I can sense she's upset because I mentioned that.

"Good morning, Lord Tewksbury! Would you-" I didn't let the words continue as I hop into the carriage. 

"Where to, lord?"

"Cipriani Residence."

-

As I make an appearance, a man of certain age welcomed me and says, "Hello, lord. Who are you looking for?"

"I'm looking for William, sir." I responded. He smiled and replied, "That's my son, lord! Stay here and I'll call him."

William really had an amazing family, no wonder why he's approachable. I waited for a minute and then he showed up with his envelopes and his messy, blonde hair. "Oh hi lord Tewksbury! Sorry to keep you waiting!"

"What brings you here?" He added.

"Uh, do you know where Enola's house is?" I ask and William chuckled. "Y- yes I do. I'll lead you into it."

When we hopped into the carriage, I suddenly thought of a question to ask William.

"How long are you courting Enola?" He laughed and replied with, "It was a mistake. Miss Holmes just needed to put an act, for some reasons I don't know." I was quite shocked by that. I didn't even know what to react, instead I formed a small smile.

"Do you feel anything for Miss Holmes?" William asked and looked at me with so much curiousness in his eyes, waiting for me to answer. "I-"

"Here we are! Kindly have a good day and don't forget to-"