Bad News pt 1

I saw Jason and Derek walk pass my hospital room while Ryan was down in the cafeteria getting something to eat. Jason Zephora was a best friend of Miguel's until he found out Miguel was just using me for sex. Derek Cooper was an old best friend of mine and it shocked me to find out that they knew each other. I saw Jason walk pass again.

            "Jason!" I tried to shout. My shout wasn't very loud but I was lucky that he heard his name. Jason walked in to see who hollered and saw me.

            "Hey beauty, why are you in here?" Jason asked.

            "I was going to ask you the same question." I replied and he smiled.

            "My sister is in surgery because she got into a car wreck. Now, it's your turn to tell me the same thing." He stated and I gasped once I heard the news.

            "Jase, I'm so sorry." I said with empathy.

            "She'll be alright. Now, why are you here?" he reasked me.

            "I have cancer." I said quietly. Jason heard and sat down beside me. "It's to the point where if I don't do anything to prevent it, it'll destroy my liver. It's almost to that point now because it wasn't caught in time." I added. I could tell that my eyes were getting watery.

            "You're too young to die. You have your whole life ahead of you." Jason said.

            "I know, Jase. I have a daughter now. She's almost four months old. My mom is getting worse with her Alzheimer's and it's just chaos right now." I said and I saw Ryan come in by a glance. "Jase, you remember Ryan." I said and Jason nodded then greeted Ryan.

            "You know what's going on?" Jason asked him.

            "Yeah, I brought her here. She's my wife." Ryan said and Jason did a recap as to look at my hands for a ring and he failed to see it the first time.

            "Oh, yeah I understand it now. Hope you get better. I got to go." Jason said then left. I didn't have a chance to change his mind about leaving on such notice. Derek never came back pass the door, so I couldn't grab his attention again. A nurse came in and took me to get an MRI. Ryan stayed in my examine room. My phone went off and he looked at it; a message from Sheila. She was watching Emma and my mother.

            'Hey, I called an ambulance because your mother fell and busted her head open. I was keeping a close eye on her, I swear.' Sheila sent. Ryan sighed and decided to reply back.

            'Claire is getting an MRI done right now. Are you coming to the hospital?' he sent back to her.

            'I kind of have to come.' Sheila replied. Ryan sat my phone down and was ready to have a breakdown.

**Four Hours Later**

            I came back into the room to see that Ryan was not in the room. I was disappointed to be alone when the results come back. It wasn't long until the doctor came in.

            "Claire, is there anyone here to be with you?" she asked and I shook my head. She sighed and closed the door. "The cancer has gotten to your liver. You are going to have to do a lot of chemotherapy or have a liver transplant. Otherwise, you will end up dying." She added. I was terrified and didn't know what to say. With that, she left and I was left in the room by myself with fear. I was mentally breaking down on the inside.