It Got Worse

Ryan ended up staying at the hospital with me, instead of going home that night. I guess it was alright but I wanted Emma and him to go home. I didn't want to scare Emma with all the bruises and the equipment hooked up to me but then again she was only 3 months old. It was really tough on me and I knew it was tough on Ryan.

"Baby, do you want anything?" he asked and I looked at him. He knew I wanted them to go home but I knew it wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

"You guys should go home. I'll be fine babe." I said and he shook his head. I knew he was going to do that but it was worth a try.

"No, not without you, I mean it." he said and Miguel stood in the doorway. I stared at him, which made Ryan turn around to see him standing there. "What do you want?" Ryan asked, rudely at him. Miguel threw his hands into the air.

"I came to apologize, Ryan. I had no idea Nick was going to try to rape her. You have to believe me. Claire?" Miguel said as he looked over at me.

"You kidnapped me for his purpose to abuse and rape me. You knew better than to join in on his plans, Miguel." I said to him. Ryan heard my voice crack and looked over at me. He walked over to me and touched my hand then I jumped. He quickly took his hand away from mine. I felt really bad for doing that to him but I was terrified from Nick abusing me. Ryan knew it was going to be a long road ahead of us. We didn't know when I was going to be discharged yet. Miguel stared at me, slowly nodded his head once then walked away.

Things began to get worse within the next few days of me being in the hospital. I ended up having a broken rib and a fractured collar bone from when Nick abused me. The terror of being abused and raped again got worse and Ryan could tell that I won't be wanting a sweet "dessert" for a while or if that at all. I wasn't ready for that like I used to be at one point.

"Babe, do you want to talk?" I asked when he began to stutter and get frustrated.

"You with the fear of being abused again is something I wouldn't do to you and you know that." he said. I looked down at my arm that was in a sling to help my collar bone heal. Ryan stood up and walked out of the room. I felt a tear fall from my face. Emma was asleep in her car seat on the chair. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep. A few minutes later, Ryan walked back in and I saw Sheila come in behind him. Sheila was one of my close friends from school. She's been there for me so many times that I couldn't keep track. My phone went off and Sheila grabbed it before I did.

"Who's Madison?" she asked and immediately, a light bulb went off in my head. Madison was David's girlfriend or well I didn't know if they were dating. I reached for my phone and opened it.

'David has been asking for me to take him back but I don't know what to do. I want your opinion.' Madison sent and Sheila looked at me.

'I wouldn't if I was you. I mean I would be afraid if he would do that to me again. It's up to you but he could always be flirting with other girls. Things can always happen. I'm umm in the hospital right now.' I sent and looked at Ryan then at Sheila.

"After everything that David has done to her, he still wants her to take him back and she doesn't know what to do. I told her I was in the hospital and my opinion on the subject." I stated and my phone went off again.

'OMG! What happened?!?' Madison sent. I sighed and the pain of the whole situation came back to me like a flood.

'Just come see me.' I sent and put my phone away. Sheila tried to give me a hug and I quickly pulled away as I used my hand to block her. She looked puzzled and hurt.

"Why did you just avoid my hug?" she asked and I closed my eyes as Ryan walked out again.

"I just can't handle being touched right now. After what happened to me, I just can't." I said and hoped that she would understand where I was coming from. She nodded and sat down next to me. There was a knock on the door and a girl walked into the room. I couldn't recognize her but it somewhat looked like Madison. She had really long blonde/brunette hair, deep blue eyes, about 5'7'', and wore an old high school hoodie.

"Claire, what happened?" the girl asked and I knew who it was by her voice. It was Madison Elliott.

"I was kidnapped by Nick and Miguel. Abused by Nick and he would've raped me if the police hadn't gotten there in time." I stated and tears started to form in my eyes. Sheila tried to touch my arm and I moved it away. "I umm can't stand to be touched in any way now. Ryan is pissed about it." I added on. Madison covered her mouth as she stood there in shock. It was killing me that I couldn't stand my own husband and friends hugging me let alone touch me. Yet, that was the trauma that I got from being in that situation. Only Ryan could tell that it was getting worse. Madison walked over to us and sat on the couch. Sheila walked over to Emma and picked her up. I smiled because I knew that I had someone other than Ryan to take care of me and Emma. My mom couldn't take care of me because she was getting worse with Alzheimer's plus the doctor thought she had cancer but she kept on dismissing it.