A Day that Goes Wrong

I was sitting in our living room, playing with Emma when I saw a message on my phone from Josh. I opened the message up to see a picture of Ryan with another girl at the food court in the mall. I was beyond frustrated with him. I placed Emma in her pack'n play and decided to call him instead of just replying.

"Hey, I'm sorry." Josh stated as he answered my call. I was about to cry and throw things because I never thought that Ryan would cheat on me.

"Are you sure he's cheating?" I asked with a crack in my voice.

"I saw them hugging, Claire." he said, very softly. My heart dropped down to my stomach.

"Okay..." I trailed off the 'y' and saw my world fall apart in front of my eyes.

"I'll set him straight." Josh stated.

"No, just let him come home and I'll confront him. Are they still there?" I asked, hoping it was a no.

"Yeah but they are getting ready to leave. I need to get out of eyesight, so he doesn't know that I know that he's with another woman." he said.

"Okay.." I said again.

"I'm sorry that he hurt you. I never imagined that he would do that to you." he mentioned to me and I was thinking the exact same thing. He has a family and he's off with some other woman.

"I didn't think so either, Josh. I got to go. Bye.." I said and as I started to hang up, he said something that stuck in my head. 'Don't do anything stupid, Claire' kept repeating itself over and over again in my head. I wasn't going to do something stupid, I needed to do something that calmed me down. So, I brought Emma upstairs, laid her in her crib, and went into the spare room or as I usually called it, my creativity room. I ended up drawing maybe eight or nine pieces of art before I heard the door open and close then Ryan shouting my name.

"I'm up here." I said, quietly as I continued drawing. I heard him walk into the room.

"Is everything alright? You don't usually draw back to back pictures unless something is wrong." Ryan said. I turned around to face him, my eyes red from holding back tears for the last forty minutes.

"Where were you?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't lie to me.

"I got called into work then met up with my older sister." he replied. "Why do you look like you were crying?" he asked.

"I wasn't crying, I'm holding back tears." I softly replied. He came up to me and held me.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Why don't you go ask that woman you were hanging out with at the mall..." I trailed off 'mall'.

"What are you talking about? I was with my sister at the mall. Wait, how did you know I was at the mall?" he asked a little too many questions, even though it was only two. I showed him the message that Josh had sent me. "That's my sister that I hadn't seen in fifteen years. You thought I was cheating on you?" he asked me and I remained silent. "Baby, I'd never cheat on you. You're my world and the mother of my daughter. I'd never try to jeopardize our marriage." he tried to reassure me. He held me close and kissed the top of my head.