Going through the motions

Matt got off the phone as Josh and I looked at him, waiting for a reply about another tour. Ryan took Emma back and rocked her to sleep.

"We have a gig in Convention Center, Columbus this Saturday. We have all week to practice." Matt said and Bary facepalmed his forehead.

"We just can't leave Claire here by herself with everything to do for her mother's funeral." Barry stated and I came to realize that I had Ryan's parents to help me and they could practice but help as well.

"I won't have to do it all by myself. I have Ryan's parents to help. Each one of you will have at least one thing to do to help. But you guys need to practice. Today is Tuesday, after all." I mentioned. Matt stared at me. "What?" I said with enthusiasm in my voice.

"You don't need to be a smart ass." Josh said, jokingly and laughed.

"At least I don't have a fantasy about Amy-Lee." I said. Everyone but Josh said "ohhh". Josh looked at us then directly at me.

"Yeah well, I don't have fantasies about Shemar Moore." he said, coldly. I glared at him.

"You know that ain't true." I said, truthfully and Ryan looked at Josh.

"She may think he's hot, but we all know she has fantasies about me." Ryan spoke. My cheeks turned bright red and knew that I couldn't deny that. Barry covered his mouth and Matt shook his head.

"Okay, we have to focus on reality now." Matt said and we all started cracking up laughing because that wasn't about to happen anytime soon. I got up and went into the kitchen for a soda. When I turned around from the refrigerator, I got the shit scared out of me by Ryan. I hit his chest but not really hard.

"Relax baby, it's just me." he said and I was flooded with relief. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. "It won't happen again." he reassured me.

"That's what you said last time." I pointed out and he sighed.

"I mean it this time, I promise." he said and I rested my head on his shoulder. The memories of me getting kidnapped flooded my mind over and over again. Not just the second time that went alright, but also the very first time. I couldn't get a grip on how it'd be alright. I'll always have those memories and nightmares. I shuddered and Ryan kissed the top of my head.

"I know, baby, I know.  We'll get through this. Want the guys to go home, so we have the house to ourselves?" he asked and I slowly nodded. We walked back into the room to see Josh and Matt wrestling on the floor.

"Guys, you should really get Scott and start practicing." I stated and they stopped wrestling.

"You want us to leave?" Matt asked and Ryan nodded as I looked like I wasn't really sure but I knew it would be good.

"Yeah, I have things to get done and you really need to practice for your gig." I mentioned the gig again and they nodded.

"If you need anything, you know where to find us." Barry said as they all gave me and Ryan hugs then left. I turned to Ryan and raised my arms then back down to my side.

"Now what?" I asked and he grinned.

"Well, Emma's asleep in her crib," Ryan stated as he wrapped his arms around me.