Bad news pt. 2

Ryan walked in to see me already dressed with my discharge papers. He noticed something was off about me and he looked like he was off as well. He set his jacket on the chair and looked at me with sorrow.

"Claire, I have something to tell you." he said.

"I have something to tell you as well. Wait, you're not leaving me, are you?" I asked, getting a bit more scared. He shook his head.

"No, I'm not leaving you. Baby, mom died of a heart attack." he said and I felt sorry for him.

"I'm sorry, babe." I said. He walked up to me and held me close.

"It's your mom, not mine baby. I'm so sorry." he said and I was more scared than ever.

"Babe, there's no way that I can survive cancer this time." I slowly said.

"What do you mean? You can win this battle." he said and I shook my head.

"No, I can't. Babe, it's in my liver now. I don't know how long until it fails." I flatly said. "I'm so scared and now my mom is gone." I added and he kissed my forehead.

"I'll support you through this, baby." he responded and we went home to meet up with Sheila. I needed to tell the boys, I really did. I just didn't know how they'd react when they find out my mom was dead and I could possibly be living with death hanging over me.

"Hey, I'm sorry about your mom." Sheila said with sorrow. I picked up Emma and looked at her.

"My liver is being destroyed by cancer, Sheila. I don't know when it'll fail." I stated and she slowly glanced at Ryan with fear.

"What is she talking about?" Sheila asked.

"There's no way to cure my cancer this time." I responded to her question. It was dead silent afterwards.