Chapter 5

After Deidara's death, Lucy seems have a vision about Jiraiya which make her froze. Lucy then told Sasuke that she need to go somewhere. She also told him that she need to settle of one thing and said it was urgent which Sasuke let her. Lucy told Sasuke that she will come back to him after she done it. Sasuke just nodded his head let her go to do her urgent. Lucy was glad that Sasuke let her so she left with Himeko. Lucy then use her transportation magic and she arrived where Jiraiya fight.

She had saw Jiraiya was going to near death which she take Jiraiya into her dimension magic. In her dimension magic, she was use her healing and she finally successful to revive him. Jiraiya seems have a good condition which make Lucy sigh in relief. She just let Jiraiya stay in her dimension magic and she then get out of her dimension. She was going back to Sasuke. Sasuke and Hebi head to the hideout when Karin notifies Sasuke that she is sensing various chakra traces belonging to the same individual. They are suddenly ambushed by a Naruto shadow clone, who Sasuke easily defeats with his Chidori. As the clone is dispelled, its memories are absorbed the original Naruto, who tells the team that he has found Sasuke's location. However, as they rush to find Sasuke, they find themselves blocked by Tobi. Kakashi muses that Tobi was not in the Akatsuki roster Kabuto had provided and Tobi explains that he is a new member. Under Yamato's formation, Naruto, Sakura, Kiba and Akamaru try to attack Tobi, who easily dodges their moves, and even manages to elude Naruto's Rasengan. Using his Whac-A-Mole Technique, Tobi manages to strike every single member of the team whilst simultaneously avoiding being struck himself.

Meanwhile, Sasuke's team reaches the Uchiha hideout, where they are greeted by Kisame Hoshigaki. Kisame tells them as per Itachi's orders, only Sasuke may be permitted to enter. Sasuke tells the group to stay put as he ventures into the hideout, ready to finish Itachi off once and for all. Sasuke then hopefully that Lucy come quickly so he can fight against Itachi. Outside the hideout, Suigetsu decides to challenge Kisame as the latter is one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist who possesses the Samehada blade. In order to make use of their waiting time, Suigetsu and Kisame engage in combat. Kisame seems waiting for Lucy while he had a battle with Suigetsu.

As Sasuke approaches the Uchiha Hideout, Itachi sits on a chair waiting for him, reminiscing on the last days of his clan. After carrying Sasuke home as he had sprained his ankle, Itachi was told by his father Fugaku to attend an Uchiha clan meeting the next day, which Itachi chose not to attend due to his Anbu priorities. The following day, he was approached by Uchiha clan members of the Konoha Military Police Force, who believed he was responsible for the murder of his best friend, Shisui Uchiha, who had also missed the meeting. Itachi fought the police officers, calling the Uchiha clan arrogant and pathetic, relenting only after hearing Sasuke's voice. Shortly after, as his mother made him dinner, Itachi had slaughtered the entire clan, sparing only Sasuke's life. As Sasuke had demanded why Itachi would do such a thing, Itachi had told him that he has butchered them all simply to test the limit of his power, and wanted Sasuke to grow powerful so that he may be a worthy opponent for him one day. Before he departed, Itachi reveals to Sasuke that the secret behind the Mangekyō Sharingan is to kill your best friend, explaining that he did kill Shisui, and if Sasuke followed in his steps, he would be the third one in the clan to have activated the Mangekyō.