Chapter 4

It's already a week. Lucy had heard a new about Hidan and Kakuzu were already died in Team 7 and team 10. Lucy was smile to heard knowing that her former team had defeated Kakuzu while team 10 were defeated Hidan for Asuma's sake. While she was training herself, her vision had come out which make her stop. She had a feeling that Sasuke will fight against Orochimaru. Lucy then asked Himeko to prepare theirself which Himeko nodded her head.

Sasuke doesn't need to tell Lucy because he know that Lucy know it since she had her vision. So he won't said anything. Concurrently, Sasuke remembers observing Itachi perfectly hit all targets with his shurikenjutsu and manages to obliterate all of his targets with his Chidori Current. Satisfied with his progress, he walks to Orochimaru's room, where he uses his Chidori Sharp Spear to go through the door in an attempt to impale Orochimaru's heart. Orochimaru manages to block the attack with his forearms and marvels at the perfect use of both shape and nature transformation as Sasuke uses his sword to slice through the door.

He tells Orochimaru that the sannin has nothing left to teach him and reveals that he had all intentions of giving up his body but does not wish to do so now that he is stronger than Orochimaru. He notes that he was always aware that all Orochimaru wanted was the power of the Uchiha Clan and the Sharingan but was no match for Itachi, and thus chose to go after the "baby of the clan". He adds that he finds Orochimaru's need for experiments on humans and ingestion of strange medicines in order to disrupt nature disgusting and that his efforts to become all-powerful and reach the level of Uchiha as pathetic, and even states that in his eyes Orochimaru along with other geniuses could never hope to match the prowess and talents of the Uchiha clan and are merely average compared to the Uchiha. Enraged, Orochimaru reveals his true form to Sasuke and attempts to steal his body, only for Sasuke to slice away all the snakes that bind him. Activating his cursed seal to the second stage, he tells Orochimaru that the latter is like a snake who was confined to the ground and wished to fly, and thus nurtured a baby bird in his own nest, only for the baby bird to grow into a hawk that will hunt the snake; Orochimaru then lunges at Sasuke in a rage.

As Sasuke fights Orochimaru's true form with his Cursed Seal of Heaven's second stage, Orochimaru thinks back upon his past. At a young age, he found the shed skin of a white snake, and asked his sensei, the Third Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi, what it meant. Hiruzen had told him that the white snake's skin was rare and that it was renown as a sign of good luck and renewal, possibly meaning that his parents may be reborn someday. Years later, during a mission, he witnessed Tsunade's brother Nawaki dying and remarked that the lifespan and vulnerability of humans were weaknesses, and eventually began seeking out a reanimation technique. Some time later, he had gained Anko as an apprentice, who had noticed the white snake skin Orochimaru had kept. He had told her that he was experimenting not only with reanimation but also with regeneration. During this time, he also witnessed Itachi Uchiha's prowess with the Sharingan and began to covet the power of the Uchiha clan's kekkei genkai. Soon after finding various scrolls in a tome, he had realised that there was no way one could learn and master all the forbidden techniques in a single lifespan and thus focused on mastering the Living Corpse Reincarnation technique in an attempt to gain immortality. However, he had later been caught doing experiments with the dead by the Third Hokage, and thus fled Konoha, although not before engaging in a battle with his old teammate Jiraiya.

After having escaped from Jiraiya, Orochimaru had joined the criminal organisation known as the Akatsuki and was pleasantly surprised to have learned that their new member and his partner was none other than Itachi himself. He had then attempted to use his transference technique in an attempt to steal Itachi's body, only for Itachi to effortlessly trap him in a genjutsu with his Sharingan. Trapped within the Demonic Illusion: Shackling Stakes Technique, Itachi proceeded to cut off Orochimaru's left arm before he could try to dispel the genjutsu and had told the sannin that there was no techniques he could use that his Sharingan would not see through. After that, Orochimaru had deserted the Akatsuki and lay in wait as Sasuke came to him, believing that Sasuke would be his future host body.