Chapter 8- Kidnapping and moonstones

I ended up at the Salvatore house. So I opened the door and walked inside noticing that there were no cars out the front and the house sounded empty except for Katherine making noises upstairs.

I walked up to Damon’s room and found her going through Damon’s draws. I watched her pull out a roll of money which she stuffed in her bra

 “Seriously?” I asked.

“What? Not all of us became countesses.” She said casually.

“So what are we looking for?” I asked walking over to the bed.

“The moonstone.” Katherine said going through his cupboard.

Once I looked everywhere in the bed I tried the fireplace. Nothing. Nothing except my hands being filthy. I walked into the bathroom and washed my hands while Katherine checked the bathroom cupboards, I looked at the soap bowl and thought of the moonstone and the irony, Damon’s into irony. I dug through until I found something cold and smooth I pulled it out and there it was.

“Found it.” I said.

Katherine smirked.

“One down, one to go.” She said.

“Katherine I’m not helping you, kidnap Elena. She’s a nice girl.” I said.

“Fine I’ll do it myself.” She said trying to take the moonstone from me.

I put it in my pocket.

“No Katherine, just try just with the moonstone.” I said.

“No. I’ve been around for 500 years and in those 500 years I’ve been running from one man. If I make this trade, I can make up for the years I’ve lost.” She said trying to make a grab for the moonstone.

“Take my advice and don’t do this Katherine, I am twice your age I know what I’m talking about.” I said.

“Don’t start even start with all the soul saving stuff, ok. I’ll meet you at Isobel’s place, don’t be late.” She said walking out of the room.

A little while later I found myself at the Grill sitting at the bar.

“I want the strongest you have in the biggest cup you’re allowed to put it in.” I asked the bartender.

He then poured one of the bottles into a coffee mug.
He then slide it down to me and winked at me.

I smiled at him and took and long drink from whatever liquid he put in there.

I felt the burn run down my throat.

I scrunched up my face and looked at the smiling bartender.

“Thanks, I needed that.” I said giving him the thumbs up.

After three glasses I called Katherine.

“Hey what’s wrong?” She answered.

“Nothing I wanted to know what’s going on.” I said spinning in the barstool so my back was facing the bartender that was watching me.

“Isobel just picked up Elena she’s going to meet us at the house.” She said sounding like she was in a car.

“Do you want me to meet you there?” I asked.

“Yeah.” She said sounding like she was out of breath.

“Alright. Hopefully soon this will all be over.” I said.

“Hopefully.” She said hanging up on me.

I got up picked up my things off the bar and gave the bartender a wink before walking out of there.