Chapter 6- Alcohol, Flames and a dead body.

We drove to the Grill separately. I considered bailing on the way there. But I decided that if I keep hanging out with them they’ll see I’m not a threat and they may warm up to me.
There were a lot of people at the Grill and the band wasn’t so bad, there music blared out of the sound system and the crowd was loving it. I watched Alaric come out of the men’s toilet on our right and so did Jenna. She looked away with a hint of anger and annoyance.

“I need a drink.” She said walking off.

“I’ll come with you.” I said following her.

We walked up to the bar.

Jenna ordered four shots of tequila each.

“Jenna?” Alaric said walking up to us. I gave them a little space and turned around to watch the band.

“Not tonight Ric. Tonight I have traded you for signor Tequila.” Jenna said turning around to take the shot with me.

He gave a small laugh at the both of us.
But his feelings were letting off a different vibe. A vibe of being afraid, afraid that he would never be able to be with her again, and afraid that she would never talk to him again.

“Signor Tequila isn’t going to be treating you well.” Alaric said trying to make a joke out of it.

“Then the two of you have a lot in common.” Jenna coldly said giving him a look.

“Look I hate that you upset with me.” He said wincing at the tone of her voice.

“Whatever you’re keeping from me, whatever you think I can’t handle. You’re wrong. Cause last year I was a grad student that smoked a lot of pot and couldn’t keep a goldfish alive. Now I’m a parent so I think I can handle anything Ric.” She said walking away with her other shots.

I picked up my other shots and walked up to Alaric.

“Look Alaric I know it’s not my business but. I know what’s going on. I know you want to protect her. I get it. But what happens when Isobel turns up in town again like she did last time?” I said.

“How did you know she came to town?” He asked while frowning.

“She told me.” I said swallowing my second shot before going after Jenna.

We both walked back over to the other girls and watched Caroline jump on the stage.

“Hey everybody. Let’s hear it for the band. Aren’t they awesome?” Caroline said clapping for the band.

“This isn’t going to end well.” Jenna said drinking her second shot.

“So there’s this guys and ah he told me to tell him how I feel. About him. Like it’s so easy um. Just because I talk a lot doesn’t mean I know what I’m talking about. Like right now I’m feeling loopy and I don’t know how to express myself. I can sing! Yes I’m going to sing.” Caroline said.

“Sing?” Elena said.

“Has Caroline been drinking?” Jenna whispered to Bonnie.

Bonnie just laughed.

I watched Caroline turn and talk to the band. Compelling them to do as she says.

She then began singing Eternal Flame.

Everybody was memorized by her singing and as she came to the end a guy jumped onto the stage. He then kissed her.

“I guess happy endings do come true if you have the courage to stand on the stage of life and let people know you’re not afraid to do what you’re afraid to do.” I said to the others.