Chapter 20-The beginning of summer and road trip planning.

I took his hand warily and stood up.

We started to dance just small steps.

"What else? Did you do?" he asked curiously.

"I was a midwife, club singer, dancer, librarian, florist, nurse, teacher and a couple other things." I said going through all my years of being alive.

"Interesting. Why would you chose such occupations?" he asked.

"Well, why not?" I said as my answer.

He gave me a genuine smile.

"Klaus." Katherine's bored voice said.

He stopped smiling then looked at her.

"What?" He asked a little harshly.

Katherine looked at Stefan which made Nik turn around.

Blood bags were all over the floor and blood covered his face.

Nik picked up another blood bag.

"Very cooperative Stefan." Nik commented.

"It's almost as if you're enjoying it." Nik said stepping over Elijah as if he was nothing and walking over to him to drop another blood bag at his feet.

Nik smiled down at him when Stefan grabbed the bag.

"No, more. Not until you give me the cure." Stefan said panting.

"Not until we make a deal it's your choice Stefan you can either remain here in Mystic Falls. Or you can embrace what you truly are. Leave town with me, and save your brother's life." Nik said offering him the blood bag.

"Why do you what him to leave town with you?" I asked.

"I only want him to stop living his life in the shadows and become the ripper again." He said glancing at me looking innocent.

He then looked back at Stefan who after eyeing the bag. Snatched it from his hands ripped it open with his teeth and lost himself in the blood.

"That's the spirit." Nik said smiling again.

He got up and walked over to the bench picking up the bottle then walking over to Katherine.

"Sweetheart." Nik said picking Katherine up by her throat. "Take this over to Damon and come right back." He said compelling her.

"You want me to leave?" Katherine asked.

"No." Stefan said trying to get off the floor.

"And if I were you..." Nik started.

But Katherine was already out the door before he could finish what he was saying.

"I'd hurry." Nik finished.

Stefan looked longingly at the door.

"She'll never take it to him." He said to Nik who just sat down.

Nik latched his hands onto my hips and pulled me into his lap. So I was sitting sideways. I struggled to get free but his influence on me made me weak.

Nik then looked at Stefan and shrugged his shoulders, as if he didn't care.

"She'll never take it to him. Oh god Damon." Stefan said with his head on the floor.

Nik sat there holding me there while he wallowed in Stefan's pain. Before speaking to break the silence.

"Alright Stefan, clean up. We have a long trip ahead of us." Nik said letting me up before getting up himself.