Chapter 3- Dinner with Fools

Fredrick found the perfect apartment for the both of us with three rooms, a kitchen, and a lounge room. He had his room across from mine and was currently on his phone to one of his contacts.

I unpacked my things but left everything in easy places so if I needed to get out of here fast it wouldn’t take long to pack everything up again.

“So let me get this straight. Damon Salvatore is still here. Katherine is locked up and starving in a cellar. Elijah is in town and we’re going to dinner at Damon’s house. With him, his girlfriend, a friend of his and his girlfriend, and Elijah? Elijah wants to give Katherine to Klaus as a peace offering and Klaus is coming to town soon for some unknown reason. This is so wrong Lina. We should save Katherine and get the hell out of this town before Elijah tells Klaus that we’re here and he comes to kill Katherine. And god knows what his going to do to you?” Fredrick said walking out of his room.

“Look Fredrick. I’m as anxious as you are but I trust Elijah he won’t turn us in. It’s Katherine I’m scared for. I need Katherine I want to finish these charges so I don’t have so much on my plate when I become an Elder. I’m going to the dinner to see if I can find out what’s going on in this town, and right now I’m going to go and see Katherine. I need to know why Nik is coming so maybe I can stop it.” I said getting ready to walk out the door.

“But I told Jenna and Andie that I’d make dessert.” I said burying my head in my hands realising that had forgotten.

“Don’t worry about it. Go I’ll handle dessert.” He said confidently.

“Are you sure. You don’t even know how to cook?” I asked him.

“I’ll be fine. Go and talk to her.” He said smiled knowing that I hadn’t said anything about him not coming tonight.

I grabbed my coat and walked out the door.
Once I got there I took the stairs down into the tomb and walked over to the entrance.

“Katherine?”

I heard a shuffle from inside the cave.

“Azalina?” A dry throated voice whispered through the tunnel.

I followed the voice until I came to what looked like a bed and rags that used to be clothes.

There sitting in the corner. Her hair a mess with leaves and dirt all over her. Her lips were cracked and dry, her eyes glazed over and her skin as pale as snow. Was Katherine.

“Oh my god. Katherine what happened to you?” I asked leaning down to her.

“Well I came back into town and wasn’t very welcomed. They locked me here in the tomb starved. Then Elijah came to town and compelled me. Now I can’t leave unless he says. What are you doing here?” She said licking her dry lips.

“Well Nik found out where I was staying, so since I haven’t been here since 1864 and you stopped calling me. I was worried.”

“Well you found me and I’m peachy keen. You should go.” She said fiddling with her clothes.

“What out of the tomb?” I asked with confusion.

“No out of this town. Klaus is on his way. Save yourself Azalina. That’s what I would do.”

“Well I’m not you. I’m not going to run. You are my friend no matter what they say. Because inside. You are still the girl I met 522 years ago.”

“So what now?” She croaked.

“Now you tell me why Nik is coming to town.”

“Well for starters, my doppelganger is here.”