Chapter 17- In the darkness

Have you ever felt like your heart was about to explode. Have you ever had such intense emotions rushing through your whole body at once that for a few moments you don’t know what to do with yourself and you find yourself inhaling these jagged breaths of air?

While those gasps of air are filling up your empty lungs again it’s almost as if it’s painful because there’s already too much going on inside of you.

Maybe I sound like a crazy person or maybe I need to get checked out or something if that isn’t normal because that’s how I felt. My mind was processing things even faster than usual- breathe, relax, raging butterflies, nerves, am I blushing? My face feels hot. Control your legs! Breathe, Lia.

It’s like I’m going insane because before I even get the chance to focus on one thing another thing pops up.

How does one person cause this?

How do a few words hit the wind right out of you- literally?

I remember saying to him how it was basically impossible to even feel the slightest form of flattery by anything he said to me, when we first met. It was the truth- for a while. His sexual comments and constant flirting always left me smiling and I loved playing along with whatever he said. Sure sometimes things he would say and do made me feel all bubbly inside but something about the way he just said that too me just hit me all at once.

Why did it feel as though this time those words were so genuine and raw?

So damn perfect.

How could he possibly think that?

I meant you sweetheart.

I think he must have missed the sunset in front of him.

It was pure, beautiful and innocent. Everything about it was so positive. That was perfect.

“I think this sunset is so extreme that you’re getting a bit confused.” I finally got myself to talk.

“Shut up, come here.” He released me from behind. He pulled me to the wall near the same door we came in, making me lean my back against it.

 He had his hands lightly on my hips and the colours were bright and lining across the sky behind him making it seem as though he was some sort of angel descending from the heavens.

“I want you to kiss me.” He looked down at me.

“Now it makes sense. This was all just a ploy?”

“No, I meant what I said.” He replied honestly. “But you still owe me that kiss and also I want you to let yourself relax.” He now came closer so that I was against him and the wall behind me. “For a small amount of time I just wanna forget everything that’s happening around us, I want to focus on just you and me and nothing else. I want to get lost with you.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?” He asked sincerely 

 “What if I enjoy it? Something can mess it up so easily.”  

His lips covered mine gently then he pulled back a small bit from the kiss to whisper, “Then you make the most of it.” He enveloped me in his arms. It was dark now, and all the lights from other buildings lit up everything making it easy to still see each other. “Now, kiss me.”

My face became flushed and I made eye contact with his golden chain hanging from his neck.

“Are you nervous?” He chuckled lowly into my ear.

“No.” I smiled turning my head. His smirk was only millimetres away from my mouth. I quickly pecked his lips and almost laughed at his expression.