Chapter 16- Profess your love

“Lia, your boyfriend’s here!”

“I don’t have a boyfriend, Ben!” I scrunched my face up, rolling my eyes at him. We were aimlessly sitting in Max’s living room talking about anything random that came to mind. I sat across from Adriana who had her legs over Max’s lap and Nate sat on the single couch flicking through his phone.

Max and I had to make up a story about Justin with what happened last night. It was a stupid story too but everyone seemed to believe it. I really hated that I had to lie to my friends but we had too.  

When Ben went to get something in the kitchen I assumed it must have been Justin who showed up. He left early this morning to meet up with Colin and said he would come by Max’s later.

Getting rid of Russ’s body last night went down smoothly and Justin and Max seemed to be back to normal again. You know what they say about death bringing people together; In this case it was true. Although it was unfortunate and Justin actually killed the person, it got them closer again.

“You seem quite certain about that, sweetheart.” Yup, it definitely was Justin.

“What, you want to be my boyfriend now?” I joked, watching him sit beside me.

“Would you like us to leave the room while you both profess your love for each other?” Adriana asked, amused.

“I think this is their way of doing it.” Nate added.

“See what you’ve started.” I held my hand out to Adri and Nate who were both now bickering at each other.

“I didn’t do anything.” Justin smirked.

I rolled my eyes.

“What I miss?” Ben held a drink in his hand taking a seat in the single couch next to Nathan.

“Lia and Justin are together.” Adriana grinned.

“Since when?” I nearly screamed. “Am I the only one who doesn’t seem to know about this so called ‘relationship’?”

“Whoa Lia! You and Justin slept together?” Ben completely ignored me. Why does he automatically assume we slept together? I blame Nate for corrupting his mind. How does he manage to reference sleeping together and a relationship? Maybe he considers sleeping together a good relationship. Yeah that seems more likely for Ben to assume.

Do I look like the type of person to give myself up that quickly?

“Oh shit! You actually got in Lia’s pants?” Nate was now gleaming in joy.

“What the hell do you guys think of me?! Holy shit. Nobody said we’re in neither a relationship nor sleeping together. We live together and we’re friends, that’s as far as it goes.” I tried to stop it from getting even more out of hand since Justin was just sitting there grinning from ear to ear.

Asshole.

“It’ll happen sooner a later. You’ve known each other for what? Almost three weeks now? I’ve already spotted you with a hickey, I’m sure you’ll be swapping kisses sometime soon and then some.”

Best friend? What the hell was I thinking!

Gee, Adriana why don’t you just tell the whole world about it? What a great friend!

Cue the screaming cause everybody is about to blow after that statment!

“Already been done, you can tick that off your list.” Justin smugly confessed.

Now my eye balls were popping out my sockets. What is this? Pick on Lia day? As well as blurt out everything that I thought was personal and didn’t need to be shared?