Chapter 8- Warehouse

The rest of the week had gone by so fast. Justin and I had barely even had a proper conversation. I spent most of my time at the gun range getting my game up for Friday- which was today. Justin was either out busy with the gang, talking with Colin or out with the boys.

He hadn’t brought any girls home after the underwear incident though, thank god. I wasn’t in any mood to get rid of anymore females. I needed to focus this week. It was similar preparations to what I normally did when I was going after someone only this time I was only going to check out a warehouse. But I had to be prepared.

We occasionally saw each other in the morning before we left saying goodbye or in the evening before we retreated into our own rooms. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to talk to him or him to me. We were just both so busy doing our own thing.

 Whenever I was preparing I wasn’t normally so talkative, my mind was always running of different occurrences that could possibly happen at the warehouse and then trying to see what I should do to get out of them.

Justin isn’t a bad roommate either. Even though we had barely spoken, his company around my apartment was comforting.

 Two male voices and a door shut caught my attention. I turned on the bar stool I was sitting on in the kitchen to face the hallway and saw Justin and Colin walking into the kitchen seconds later.

“Hey, princess. What you doing?” Justin smiled once he noticed me, coming over and wrapping his arm over my shoulder and pulling me into his side for a hug.

I smiled up at him, surprised by the new nickname.

“Nothing.” I answered, I was just lost in my thoughts as per usual but I wasn’t going to tell him that.

“Colin’s going to run us through everything for later.” He said taking a seat beside me.

“Okay.”

Colin sat across from us pulling out a piece of paper, “Lia, I wanted to apologize for what I did back at the warehouse the other day. I panicked I didn’t mean to pull you like that.”

“Don’t worry about it.” I shrugged it off. I knew Colin was no harm he just acted like he was when he was around The Eagles.

He began explaining how the warehouse was set up, ways to get in ways to get out and everything else we should know while seeing if the guy was really living there.

Colin left after we had gone over everything. I had gone back into my room to change into my normal entire I normally wore for this kind of thing and then got all my knives and guns.

Once I was done, I walked over to Justin’s room seeing him with his guns set on his bed, one at a time he slipped the black weapons into the waist band of his denim jeans. I looked at each gun wondering the story behind each one. How many lives they’ve taken, how many injuries they’ve caused or if it was new and there were many more new stories to come.

 “Are you nervous?” I asked standing at the end of his bed.

“No, why are you?”He looked up at me.

I shook my head, “No, not at all. I’m just curious.”

I don’t really know much about Justin. Judging by the way he so easily stated that he was going to go back and kill the guy when he asked me to help him I assume he’s killed before so this kind of thing wouldn’t be nerve wreaking to him.    

I hadn’t researched him like I normally would with someone in the gang. For some reason I just felt that would be wrong for me to do. I had this overwhelming feeling of trust and reliance on him that I knew he wouldn’t break.