Chapter 22- Don't lie

The next morning after endless hours of tossing and turning, I got out of bed early. I needed to tell Max about everything happening. Justin and I never got the chance to fill him in on the photo I got.

He was in this with us and I figured since Adriana shouldn’t be up yet I would go over and fill him in on it all.

I waited at the door of his cabin after knocking. The door began to open and Max came to view. His hair was messy and he only wore a pair of boxers to cover himself.

“Hey, Lia.” He smiled.

“Morning. I was wondering if we could talk?”

“Yeah, let me grab some pants.” He quickly went inside while I waited. “Alright, let’s go to the kitchen, I need food anyways.”  

“Sure.” I went with him. Thank god Nathan and Ben weren’t up yet so the main cabin was empty.

“So what’s up?” He opened the fridge. I took a seat at the breakfast bar.

“Well first off, Justin left late last night.”

“Where did he go?”

“Our apartment. Colin said someone broke in but he didn’t want to tell him anymore details over the phone. He said he needed to come down and see.”

“Shit, it’s because of Hayes right?”

“Yeah, I don’t think Colin would have told him to come if it wasn’t a big deal.”

“When’s he coming back?”

“I’m not sure.” I shrugged.

“He’ll be fine, Lia.” Max reassured me.

“There’s more.” I pulled out my phone sliding it across the counter to where he stood. “I got this the other day.”

He picked up my phone furrowing his eyebrows together as he read it then his eyes went wide. “What the fuck? He killed that girl? Do you think maybe he killed someone else and that’s why Colin told Justin to come?”

“I don’t- I don’t know.” My mind started to run. Oh my god what if someone else is dead? What if Justin’s next? I wanted to pick up the phone to call him but at the same time I was afraid what he would say if he answered.

“Let’s get everyone up, you’re over-thinking again, I can see it. Justin’s gonna be fine Lia. Come on.” He put my phone down waiting for me to follow him to the door.

I wanted to believe that so badly, but I couldn’t. Why would Colin call him down if it wasn’t important? Something happened and it was bad. I just didn’t want something to happen to Justin too but I had no control over that.     

“You go get Nate and Ben up, I’ll get Adri.” I nodded going up the little steps onto the porch of their cabin. I followed through the little sitting room into their room. Their cabin was just like Justin’s and mine only they had two single beds instead of one bed.

Ben was on his stomach and his covers where hanging off the end of the bed. Nate was on his back also just in his boxers like Ben. He had one leg out the covers and one leg underneath them.

I tip-toed over to Nate, lifting myself over him and straddled his stomach. I removed his arms that he had placed over his eyes and gently set it next to him.

 His brows furrowed together for a moment then he relaxed again.  I took my fingers and began sliding them through his messy brown hair. I began ruffling his hair more which made him move again till I saw his lips form a little smile and his eyes began to blink open.