Chapter 11- Questions

“Is anyone else here?” I asked as Justin and I got out the car.

“No it’s only Colin. You can use the front doors today for a change.”

I followed behind Justin into the warehouse. It was definitely different using the main entrance not having to worry about being caught.

“Jesus, you look like hell.” Colin commented as soon as he noticed Justin and I walk in. He got up from behind the large metal desk placed on the one side of the big room that I had normally only seen from behind the window in the closet.

“I feel that way too, but it’s nothing I haven’t felt before.” Justin said clapping his hands with Colin as they greeted each other.

“Hey, Lia. I didn’t know you were coming.”

“Hey.”

“She’s part of this now.” Justin said surprising me. At least I had finally gotten through to him.

“That’s understandable. Take a seat and fill me in.” Colin gestured his hand to the chairs around the table. Justin turned the chair around and straddled the seat beside me.

“Did you know?” Were the first words to come out of Justin’s mouth.

“Know what?” Colin slid his phone back and forth on the table from one hand to the other.

“Did you plan it with Max?”

My head spun to look at Justin. He was looking at Colin trying to read him. I intently listened carefully. My stomach bubbled with anticipation waiting for his next words.

“What do you mean?” Colin stopped his movements and solely focused on Justin.

“Did you know Garth was going to be there, specifically plan for me to go there and set me up to get caught?” Justin gritted.

“What? No, Max told me it should be safe enough for you to check out.” Colin shook his head. He seemed surprised and so was I. It was all a set up? We were supposed to get caught?

“You sure you didn’t plan it out with Max? Because I was so fucking close from dying from this bullshit excuse of a plan!”

“What plan, Justin? I knew as much as you did and we spoke about it together, we made a plan together. You said Lia was going to help you, and you would just look around to see if there were any signs of the warehouse being lived in then if it was the right place you were going to go back to kill Garth.” Colin furrowed his dark brows together completely lost.

Justin watched Colin carefully before relaxing.

“That son of a bitch.” Justin muttered under his breath.

“Why are you asking me this, what happened with Max?”

“That asshole planned the whole thing by nearly putting me and Lia in our death beds. He said he specifically made sure Garth would find me so he could kill him and we wouldn’t have to worry about doing it later.”

“He what? Are you both okay?” He looked between Justin and I.

“Yeah we’re fine, Garth managed to get a shot at the back of my leg and besides other wounds we suffered, were still alive.” Justin ran his fingers through his hair

 I was at a loss for words. Would Max really do something so reckless putting his friends in danger?

“Did he know about me being there?” I know I asked this before but I was honestly just so surprised of what he did. He’s Justin’s friend and he would put his friend in a life or death situation just to be able to kill someone. Why couldn’t he just think of another way to do it? I could think of a thousand more.