Chapter 1- Welcome to Friday night dinner

Shot, vibration, echo and bull's-eye.

One after the other the bullets made their way through the nozzle of the gun firing straight into the target sheet at the end of the room in front of me.

The red circle on the thick paper was the only one decorated with holes. Not to blow my own horn or anything but my skills are nothing but remarkable.

Putting the gun down beside me, I gave my attention to my flashing phone that buzzed around on the little wooden table. Grabbing it, I answered the call bringing it against my ear.

"Hello?" I answered focusing my eyes on the metal weapon while I picked it up in my other hand.

"Where the hell are you? Everyone is nearly here and I'm the only girl sitting around this table." My best friend yelled over the phone.

"Oh shit! I'm sorry, oh my god, I was busy, I lost track of time. I'm on my way." I said quickly putting the gun in the glass cabinet and locking it.

"This year would be great, Lia." Adriana said.

"I know, I know. I'll be there." I cut the called pulling open the squeaky door, rushing to Mike who sat at his big brown desk at the entrance. The Gun Range he owned was empty. It was around seven in the evening but because I had a good relationship with him he let me in any time.

"Thanks Mike. I gotta run." I smiled tucking my phone in my pocket heading for the front doors. Mike was in his late twenties, he inherited the range from his father who I had met many times in the past.

I was probably his most regular visitor. Mike was a good friend almost a big brother type.

"I'll join you next time. Give me a heads up when you'll be here so all this damn paper work can be finished." He flashed his pearly whites.

"Will do." I waved shutting the door and jogged over to my jeep. The gravel crunched beneath my black flats with each hop. I pulled open the black door, swerved out of the range and sped to my destination.

In record time I pulled up to the restaurant. Shutting the engine off, I looked in the review mirror running my fingers through my chocolate brown waves, my light brown eyes stood out from my dark lashes and olive skin tone. My lips were coated with my favourite pink gloss.

Hopping out the car I pulled off my leather jacket throwing it onto the seat and shut the door. I dusted my purple top that tightly clung to my skin reaching just an inch before my high waisted jeans reached. Happy with my appearance I rushed into the restaurant.

I didn't even need to search the restaurant for all my friends. The rowdy crowd- or should I say the two boys and an infuriated best friend- that sat around the big table at the back of the room stood out like a sore thumb.

The restaurant wasn't over the top but it wasn't bad either, clinks of glasses and cutlery chimed through the big room. Delicious smells of Friday night specials floated in the air reminding me of my favourite night of the week.

Friday nights all my friends would get together for dinner. Some of us had just finished high school and some others finished a year before us. We wanted to find a way to still make sure to see each other every week and this became our thing.

Smiling I walked over to them, Adriana's eyes made contact with me right away. She immediately stood from her seat as the boys around her carried on with their obnoxious laughter.

"Finally! Save me from these freaks." She exasperated as I gave her a hug letting out a laugh and sat beside her.

"What are you guys clowning about?" I gave my attention to the two boys across the table.