Just Friends..

-Hope's POV-

Dani has officially become one of us. She fit in perfectly. Dani always helped out, and always did whatever she was told to do. She also added flare, and happiness in the prison.

"Hey, Hope." Luna came over to me in the middle of breakfast. She noticed I wasn't eating, and I usually always eat every meal.

"Hey Lun," I said to her. "I'm just not that hungry this morning." She gave me a look, but nodded slowly.

"Whatever you say," She trails off. "Carl is noticing, too. He keeps staring at you." I looked up and flushed a bright red, and I indeed saw Carl staring weirdly over at me and Luna.

"Dani! Please come over here and help us!" Rick calls out, I think he's planning something to attack my father. In all honestly it wasn't worth it. My father has lots more people, with better weapons. He will brainwash people so he can get even innocent people to help him.

"Carl, Hope, Luna, and Beth get upstairs we don't need you hearing this." Rick looked at us, as I glared at him.

"We've all heard this anyways. I had to live with this man my whole entire life, stop treating me like I'm an oblivious five year old." I growled out, I stomped out of the main prison room. I went into Beth, Luna, Judith, and I's cell and I lie there on the bottom cot, staring at the grey bunk of the top bunk.

"Hey, Hope. I know you were pissed back there.." Beth walked in with Judith. I nodded at her.

"It's not Rick..He's just overprotected at times. I am fourteen, and I'm grown up enough to know these things. And as I said, he treats me like an oblivious five year old." I rant out to Beth.

"I understand. But trust me, he wasn't doing it to get you angry. He just wants to protect you guys because this is a world full of monsters..we can't lose you guys," Beth reasons with me. "I know Rick."

I groan and shut my eyes in defeat. My stomach lowly grumbled, but only loud enough for me to hear. I ignored the feeling of hunger, and got up from the cot.

"Carl! Stop! Stop!" I heard laughter from the cell next to mine. I glanced in there to see Carl on top of Luna, tickling her. I just quickly walked away from the scene, feeling heartbroken.

"Hope! Please come here!" I walked downstairs, and stopped in front of Rick.

"I know you are sad. Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" I shook my head no, and walked away from him. Dani smiled at me, gesturing me over to her and Maggie.

"Hi Dani, Maggie May." They both smiled at me.

"Hey Hope," They both said in unison, "Do you want to help us kill some walkers outside of the fence?" I nod in excitement, hoping it might take my mind off of this heartbreak phase.

"Rick! We're going on fence duty," Maggie yelled out to Rick, "We will be taking Hope with us. She'll be fine." We all walked out together, getting our knives out. Guns are to loud, you'd be wasting bullets, and attracting more walkers than you actually need.

"Be careful Hope," Dani says to me. "I mean it. We don't need you cutting open your wounds for the third time." I nod, and start gently stabbing the walkers, with no sudden or harsh movements to my wounds.

"Thanks, Hope."

-

"Luna and Carl have been hitting it off lately," Dani says to me at dinner time. "It's weird." I nod in agreement, eating my little portion of soup I have. Maggie patted my back.

"You'll be okay. They're probably just friends." Maggie tries to reassure me. Failing, though.

"Yeah. They don't seem to be all touchy." Just as Dani said that Luna and Carl exchanged a hug.

"That was just a friendly hug." Maggie says.

"Yeah, that's what it seems like from the body language." Dani says, observing more.

If this whole thing was friendly, why do I feel like it's not?

---

(a/n)

hey everybody! here's a quick update!

sorry I had to add some drama, I was getting completely writers block 😭

thank you so much for all of the votes and comments !

stay beautiful ☺️💘