tragedy

can you see the hurt inside of me, how your words cut skin deep?

i was on the passenger side of your jeep, splitting streams from my eyes and feeling nothing but self-pity as you slammed the door shut. before you stormed off putting deliberate space between us, your hand plain as day struck the hood granting your beloved vehicle a respectable dent. you didn't look back, and i swear i saw smoke transpire out of your ears.

like you had the right to be mad when this was all your doing.

but in your eyes, everything was my fault. always my bloody fault. even when you spewed ugly names at me just because we didn't agree on a topic. even when the flowers you got for me weeks ago died because no matter how much you water them they still warp and deform. even when you bumped into me causing my glass to fall and shatter before my feet.

so i bleed from my eyes wondering why i love you, why i stay with you when you cause me nothing but pain.

then i think love is a twisted joke. you got me wrapped around your finger knowing full well my feelings for you, jabbing into my heart when you see fit striking harder each time testing your limits. when will you go too far, when will you break me right down the center into two? and still, through everything, i don't leave and that's the real tragedy. it's foolish—foolish to think you could change, foolish to think that you loved me the same.

for you is it all just a game?