R E A L I T Y

I wake up in the bed that I wish I never had to sleep in again. As I stare at the ceiling, I remember the surprise Mattheo said he had in store for me. I wonder what it will be, a taser gun perhaps? All surprises that come from Mattheo, I have learnt, are usually bad ones.

As I place my feet onto the emerald carpet, I hear the door click. I look up to see Mary, meekly smiling as she extends the door further. "Oh Mary" I softly exclaim. "It's okay dear, I'm here now" she smiles. Mary and I don't speak, we just enjoy each other's company as she bathes me, dresses me and does my hair and makeup.

Just as she is brushing the curls she placed into my hair, she whispers something so gently, it makes me wonder whether I've imagined her saying it, "Nocturna". I turn to face her, confusion etched into every crevasse of my face. "What's wrong my dear?" She says. "W-what did you say?" I stutter. "I didn't say anything sweetheart" she says with the corners of her lips pulled into a small smirk and a twinkle in her eyes. I shrug it off, with my Owl's name ringing through my ears. Oh how I miss my gorgeous owl.

"You're all ready my dear, Mattheo told me to send you down to the garden", she says. I nod gently. I take my time, I feel slower than usual. I feel sadder than usual. The sweetness Mattheo attempted to provide me last night, provided me no comfort. It has no effect on me, with all of the hurt he's caused. I approach a metal garden table with a floral print and two metal chairs. It has a beautiful English high tea spread, and gorgeous China. The roses around the table highlight its beauty. I take a seat, and then I hear footsteps approaching. I look in the direction of the steps, it's Draco.

My breath hitches at the back of my throat, I stand up suddenly. "Draco?" I whimper. He smiles and rushes up to me, arms wide. I collapse into his embrace, and bury my head into his neck. "Draco!!" I cry. "Shhh it's okay, it's okay" he coos. "I thought you were dead" I sob. "Mattheo has been manipulating your mind y/n, it's okay, I'm alive" he says, though there was a hint of resentment in his voice. "I thought I'd never see you again" I sob harder. "Sit down, we have much to discuss" he says. I furrow my eyebrows as I sit down.

"How are you here? Mattheo would never let this happen" I say. "He allowed this because I promised him this would be the last time I ever see you" he says, with a small grin on his face. It quickly disappeared when I cocked my head to the side in confusion at the facial expression. "What?? Why would you promise that??" I say. "Because I care about you, and I know the only way you will find peace and safety is if I let you go" he says. This doesn't feel right. I let a single tear fall as I realise what's happening. I stand up and walk over to him. "Let me enjoy this moment with you then" I say as I grab the tea pot and begin to pour into his cup. He smiles kindly, and I reach out to touch his face.

I let the vision hit me, it comes in snippets, not as clear as it usually is. I wonder if Mary has been preventing the use of potions to suppress it. I see Mattheo brewing and drinking a polyjuice potion, using Draco's hair. I sit back down, furious. "Draco, where did we first meet?" I say. He cocks his head, "why are you asking me this?", he says. "I just want to see if you remember" I giggle, masking my true intentions. "At Hogwarts my love" he smiles. "Yessss, but where did we meet in Hogwarts, where you said your first sentence to me" I said. A smirk lifts on his lips, not the way he usually does. "What gave it away?", he says darkly. "You underestimate me" I say coldly, "I tried to do something nice for you? Don't you like it?", he booms as he stands up from the table, hovering over me.

"Are you so twisted, that you do not even see the damage you cause? These gestures, the things you say, the sickening things you do? These are not acts of love, not actions that show you care. I don't know whether you are attempting to be genuine, I think if you are then it almost makes it more sad. You'll never know love. Never know what it's like to genuinely care about someone. You have made that clear from your actions" I say calmly.

—————————————————————————

Mattheo's POV

Her words pierce through my skin, straight to my soul. The last time I felt this pain, was when my mother left me with my father. When my father, Tom Marvolo Riddle, became Lord Voldemort. When my life changed, and saw my mother raise another child shortly after. I was only 4. I was only 4 but I knew. The hardest part was that she joined his army, she joined his army and followed him and I saw her and continue to see her everyday of my life as a reminder of what it could have been like to have a mother that loved me.

Her son, my half brother, has always been someone I have hated, always been someone that desired to be like. Now I'm in his body, and I still can't make her love me. I still can't make her care. Why does Draco have everything I have ever wanted, why did I have to be tortured by Voldemort and turned into this monster. Why did Narcissa not fight for me.

I can't bear to look at y/n anymore. I turn on my heel and walk away. I walk up to the room I have been sleeping in when I'm apart from her. I walk into the bathroom, and see myself as him. I look at every feature, how different it is to mine. I scream, I yell, I sob, and I smash the glass in front of me. My blood pouring out onto the sink, shards of glass in my skin. I pull out my wand and heal myself. I won't let Draco win.

—————————————————————————

Y/n's POV

I hear the faint sound of glass smash minutes after he walks away. I know the pain he feels, I felt it when I saw him brewing the potion. What would possess him to do something so cruel? Why would he even want to look like Draco? Questions circulate in my head. When suddenly, I see something flying toward me in the distance. I stand up in curiosity, and then I realise as it nears. It's Nocturna. She fly's onto the table, knocking over the sandwich stand. I giggle, and I pat her gorgeous face. "Nocturna, my sweet girl" I say. She lets out a small noise, before she drops a small note in front of me.

I pick the folded note up, and open it. On one side, there is a stamp. The Hogwarts stamp. I quickly turn it over. 'Draco and Pansy have joined our army, we know everything. Harry is working on a plan to get you out of there. There is a war brewing, and we need you back at Hogwarts. I will always love you, y/n. Even though I know we can never be together'. I look to the bottom of the note, it's signed '-C'. Cedric. Tears begin to stream, and as I place the note down on the table, Nocturna nudges a pen in my direction with small piece of parchment. I take the pen and begin to write.

'It's horrible here, he is manipulating my mind. I don't know what is real and what is fake. Please be careful, all of you. I'm sorry for keeping everything from you. Cedric, you will always hold a place in my heart. You are the man I would have loved, had we been living different lives in a different lifetime'.

I fold the note and give it to Nocturna. I give her a small kiss on her furry little face, and she lifts off gracefully and fly's away. I'm ready to leave this mansion, to be free from mind control and manipulation. I sit down, close my eyes, and let the sun seep into my skin. I take a deep breath, and sigh. I will be home soon.

I know this chapter was a long time coming, I apologise. I had to read through my chapters to gain direction, which took me some time. I hope the wait was worth it, I will be completing this book as a priority. Thank you for your patience, I love you all 🤍