Chapter Fifty-Six: Ignoring

Chris’ POV

                For the past couple of months, Michael has been treating me as if I were invisible. The last time she showed affection to me was during the week we spent Christmas with my family. It’s been almost four months now and it’s nothing. No hugs, no kisses, no sex, and barely any speaking.

                This morning, I woke up alone in the house again—at least I thought I was. Hearing the sound of a running shower surprised me since she usually leaves early. i got up from bed and opened the bathroom door to go inside. The steam from the shower almost made it unbearable to see her until I spotted her hand running down the glass shower door, exposing a side view of her breast.  I removed my boxers and white T-shirt and slowly crept into the shower, making sure not to make a sound while sliding the shower door. Once I put my feet into the pool of warm/hot water, I made an effort not to bump into her so I could surprise her. I watched intently as she shampooed her hair without any notice of my presence being behind her.

                I waited for a good five minutes, while she washed off the shampoo, to wrap my arms around her bare waist and nuzzle my face in between her neck. I felt the hot water beat against myself as I kissed her up her neck to her earlobes. I would’ve thought she would’ve responded negatively, but she kept going on even going as far to release a few small moans as my hands went up and massaged her breasts.

“Good morning.” I mumbled in between kisses.

                She was enjoying it—or so I thought—until I felt her tense up at my touch and she suddenly began to remove myself off her aggressively. She turned to me with a frown on her face and arms crossed as she stared me down.

“I’m not in the mood.” She said flatly.

“What?” I said surprised.

“I’m not in the mood.”

“Wha—“

                I was interrupted by her abruptly leaving the shower with a little bit of soap still in her head and the slamming of the door. I sighed and continued the shower—alone and horny as fuck. After I got out of the shower, Mike was finishing lacing up her boots and stood up. I tried to make another opportunity out of this moment by walking up to her and giving her a kiss, but it was quickly rejected by her.

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

“Nothing.”

“Then, why do you keep avoiding me?”

“Avoiding you? I’m not avoiding you. I have class to go to. I’m sorry if your needs are preventing me from helping my career.” She said sarcastically.

“Mike—“

“You know what, Chris? Just leave me alone! Okay?!” She said before storming out.

                I loathe rejection, so you could only imagine how I feel at the moment. She was being so distant, so cold; it’s as if she hates me. I could feel anxiety grow in my chest and spread to my body. My breathing became slower and I could feel myself fighting back tears. I couldn’t bear the feeling.

                Running to a compartment in my closet, I pulled out my prescriptions and put them all in my mouth, doubling on the Zoloft. I ran to the bathroom and filled a cup of water from the sink and downed it all.

Breathe in, breathe out.

                I put on my work clothes and items and got into my car to drive to work. While driving, my stomach was growling and screeching. It’s never good to take these medications on an empty stomach. i glanced at the time, I have some….11 minutes to kill. I drove to the nearest Dunkin’ Donuts and walked in to quickly order an egg sandwich and a coffee. Luckily, I was one of the few people there was no rush to get it quickly. I sat down so there were still a couple of open tables left. I sat back in a table by a window in the corner and leaned my head on the wall.