Chapter Twenty-Five: Hangover

My eyes were barely open when I woke up.

I felt a headache coming on. I removed the sheets from over my body and sat up. I stretched my arms and pressed my barefeet on the cold floor to walk straight into the bathroom. I closed the door and sat on the toilet seat. My eyes opened to a white bathroom with white tiles and a clear shower. This wasn’t my bathroom. This wasn’t James bathroom. I looked down at my clothes. I was wearing a big, gray T-shirt with a Mickey Mouse logo on it. My eyes grew wider and bigger at my current thoughts. I quickly got up and stormed out of there. I looked around the room. It wasn’t my room. From the cherry wooden floors to the black bedroom set and the walk-in closet. Was I raped?

My headache grew as I ran out of the room and looked into the hallway for my rapist. Not in this room. Not in that room. I ran down the stairs and moved into the rooms. Not in the living room. Not in the study(?). Not in the other bathrooms. The last resort was the big kitchen that the hallway lead to. I slowly walked into the room as if a predator was on the other side. I entered the room and looked to my side until a familiar voice said somethting.

“Morning, beautiful.” The voice said.

I quickly turned to its owner and to my dismay, it was Chris. He was sitting at the table with his phone in his hand.

“What the…? What’d you do?!” I cried. I’ve never felt so angry.

I saw him get up and walk towards me. I moved back slowly.

“Relax, Mike.”

“Relax?! You raped me!” I screamed.

“That’s not what happened.” He said.

I backed myself into the wall.

“Stay away from me!” I screamed.

“Calm. Down. What you think happened, didn’t. You were drunk. We kissed. You were stumbling all over the place. I didn’t see your friend to bring you home. I left my party so you could come with me. That’s it.” He said.

“Then why am I naked under your shirt?!” 

“Because….you threw up on your clothes. I couldn’t let you sleep in your own vomit.” I avoided his eyes.

“Listen, if you think I took advantage of you, go see a doctor if you don’t believe me.” He said, letting go of my arms.

He took one of his hands underneath my chin and turned it so I could face him.

“I’m telling you the truth. I care for you too much to hurt you.” He said, kissing me.

His kiss was soft as his hands moved up to my waist. My eyes grew wider. The thoughts of that night replayed over again. 

“Get off of me!” I immeadiately pushed him off of me.

“What-Why?” He asked, confused.

“What we’re doing is ‘sick’ and ‘innapropriate’! It’s ‘pedophillic!’” I said, quoting what he said to me that night.

“Mike, it’s legal for us to be together now.”

“No! You think after what you did, I’m supposed to get back together with you? No!”

“I thought you forgave me.” I laughed darkly.

“Yeah, I did forgive you. But, I didn’t forget what you did!” I yelled.

“Mike-” He said walking up to me.

“No! I told you that I loved you and you broke up with me. You told me that my love for you wasn’t real. That my feelings for you was because I was some effect of abuse. You fucking used scientific facts on me as if I were some study! I could never forget that!”