Scottish Beauty

Title: Scottish Beauty

Author: Sweetpeas

Status: Completed

I've never been to Scottland and I know nothing about it but I do know that everyone is hungry for stories. It's part of our very being. Storytelling is a form of history, of immortality too. It goes from one generation to another and the beautiful thing is that it's historical. Travel through the pages and learn about what this writer has to share.

Known for their beauty, the Campbell sisters have many men vying for their hands, but as Lady Emma was the eldest, she was to become Laird of Castle Campbell. She was the most sought after for any man to marry her would one day help her rule the Campbell Clan. After her shocking kidknapping and many months of searching, Laird Campbell, his lady wife and their other two daughters mourned the daughter and sister that they loved with all their hearts. Sir Andrew McKenna, heir to the McKenna Clan was the eldest of fours sons. He was a trained and hardened warrior, his Da was grooming him to take over as Laird one day. He fights with strength and power, he commands attention and is given it. Gone was the hardended warrior the day he found Lady Emma, brutally beatened, raped and left for dead. He became gentle and caring. He vowed he would protect the lass with his body, but he never expected the lass would go straight to his heart.

Advice from Grant: You speak of my drinking yet you know nothing of my thirst.

Excerpt

Scottish Highlands, 1408

The thundering of hooves could be felt throughout the valley, leading the score of men back from a successful raid was Andrew Mckenna, of Clan Mckenna. He was the Laird's eldest son, his heir. Within the men were Andrew's two younger brothers.......Ian and Robert. The youngest brother, Grant, was away spending his time at King James' cout. Probably getting under as many lassies skirts as he possibly could.

Riding in the front of the group, Andrew rode proud, a grin stretched across his handsome face. The raid during the wee hours of morn was very successful. He managed to steal back all of the feed, flour and oats that Clan Fraser had stolen from them just four nights past.

His black hair blowing in the wind, his skin was bronzed from the sun. It was early autumn in the Highlands, purple heather was in bloom throughout the country side. His brother Robert, third son born to Laird Angus Mckenna, rode up beside his brother.

"I suppose Da will be happy we retrieved all of the feed and grain back from the Frasers," Robert said squinting his brown eyes from the morning sun.

"Aye, he will, but he'll no be happy with the raid. You know Da, he doesn't like retaliation. He wants peace in the Highlands," replied Andrew looking forward down into the valley.

"Aye, that he does but doesn't mean we have to give up what is ours," Robert conceded back.

"Da will surely be awake when we return, we better prepare ourselves for a tongue lashing," Andrew grinned back at his brother.

"No tongue lashing for Ian and I," chuckled Robert, "ye are first born, it's your bollocks that Da's going to give a lashing too."

"I believe you are right Robbie, but once I explain to Da the need to protext what is ours, I'm sure that he will come around," Andrew told him.

Wanting to get home as fast as they could, the brothers took their horses in for a long hard gallop across the valley, down into the meadow. There was a stream there, where they could rest for a few moments, stretch their weary legs and give the horses a much needed drink.